cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Deceptive Pricing Practices and Trust Issues with Rogers' RPP Discounts**

Vishnn
I've been around

I recently encountered a disheartening experience with Rogers while availing of their RPP (Rogers Preferred Program) discounts as a Walmart associate. This ordeal not only revealed a significant knowledge gap among their in-store solutions agents but also exposed a deceptive pricing strategy that has left me with a sense of betrayal.

Upon learning about the RPP discounts available to Walmart employees, I visited two different Rogers stores near me. The in-store solutions agents, after providing them with my RPP code, assured me that the first line would cost $50 plus taxes, and the second line would be $45 plus tax, both including a 60GB data plan and unlimited CAN/US calling (5G Infinite Lite BYOD). Seeking further assurance, I contacted their Toll-Free customer solution expert, who confirmed the same pricing.

However, the shock came when I discovered that Rogers required a setup fee of $50 plus taxes for the RPP account, a crucial detail conveniently omitted by the in-store agents. In contrast, Bell EPP offered the same plans for EPP at the same price without any additional setup fees. This discrepancy in information raises concerns about the knowledge and transparency of Rogers' representatives.

Despite the setup fees, I decided to proceed with Rogers due to the convenience of connecting with my colleagues who also use their services. I initiated the porting process on the 24th of November, and during this process, I explicitly asked the agent about the pricing twice, receiving the same confirmation both times.

To my dismay, after the porting process was completed, I contacted Rogers again only to be informed of a different pricing structure. This sudden change has not only caused financial inconvenience but has also shattered the trust I had in Rogers as a service provider.

This situation highlights a significant knowledge gap among Rogers' representatives, leading to the misrepresentation of pricing information. Such deceptive practices erode customer trust and create a sense of betrayal. As a consumer, I believe it is crucial for Rogers to address these issues promptly and transparently to maintain the trust of its customers.

Regards

Vish

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: **Deceptive Pricing Practices and Trust Issues with Rogers' RPP Discounts**

RogersCorey

Greetings @Vishnn!

I am sorry if you were mislead or misinformed by any of our agents. That is not the standard we wish to set. In situations such as this, we can take in your feedback and submit a coaching request to ensure these agents are spoken to regarding their interaction with you.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: **Deceptive Pricing Practices and Trust Issues with Rogers' RPP Discounts**

StephaneRx
I've been around
I’m having the same issue.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation