cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchanging flex channels

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Good day,

I have logged into my Roger's account and when attempting to swap flex channels it sats:

Sorry, there's a problem.

Looks like there's a pending work order on your account! Please contact us for more help.

What's that supposed to mean? I have changed a box recently which had a problem. So why would this stop me from swapping flex channels.

Thnx
Bill

*Added Labels*
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Exchanging flex channels

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

Good day,

I have logged into my Roger's account and when attempting to swap flex channels it sats:

Looks like there's a pending work order on your account! Please contact us for more help.

What's that supposed to mean? I have changed a box recently which had a problem. So why would this stop me from swapping flex channels.

Thnx
Bill

I have seen this before as well, and it can happen while any changes to your account are pending.  It has happened after an equipment swap, starting from when equipment gets shipped until the return is processed.  It has also happened while waiting for an Ignite bundle change to take effect on my next billing cycle, which could involve just an Internet speed upgrade and not any change to the Ignite TV package.

If you send a private message to @CommunityHelps , they should be able to process the Flex Channel swap for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

Good day,

Thnx
Bill

I have seen this before as well, and it can happen while any changes to your account are pending.  It has happened after an equipment swap, starting from when equipment gets shipped until the return is processed.  It has also happened while waiting for an Ignite bundle change to take effect on my next billing cycle, which could involve just an Internet speed upgrade and not any change to the Ignite TV package.

If you send a private message to @CommunityHelps , they should be able to process the Flex Channel swap for you.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

So until they get the old equipment back they lock you out from doing flex swaps or any other changes? Isn't that brilliant.

ddr32
I've been around

Yep - going through a similar thing with Rogers. Upgraded from VIP Cable to Ignite with the added promise of Flex channels that can be controlled via MyRogers. It's been a week since install and after 6 rounds of phone and Chat-based customer support, I finally got someone to admit that my account won't get updated until my old Nextbox equipment is shipped back and received. Would have been really nice if I was told that from the get-go to save me all that time on the phone (and the number of hair follicles I pulled out along the way). 

For the record, it is STILL not updated even after I received a notification this morning that Rogers has received my return and even signed off on it. Guess I will have to wait for the three-toed sloth working in remote Nunavut to flip the bloody switch on my account.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ddr32 wrote:  ...I finally got someone to admit that my account won't get updated until my old Nextbox equipment is shipped back and received.

That CSR was making stuff up. Although it may take a day or so for the account to be properly transferred to IgniteTV and for you to be able to select your Flex Channels and see everything properly in MyRogers, it's simply not correct to have to wait for equipment return, unless perhaps you haven't been paying your bills.  IgniteTV should be active as soon as your digital cable service is "turned off" and you should be able to watch your TV and use the Internet right away. Flex channels may take a day or two. I suggest you PM the mods:

When logged into the forum, click on @CommunityHelps  .  On the page that comes up, you'll see a link on the top right of the screen to "send a message".  If you're using a tablet or phone, you may need to switch your browser to the desktop version. How to do that will depend on the device but a web search should find it.  There may be some back and forth required while Rogers get your personal information to look into your account.  Personal information is not allowed in this forum.  

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation