cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New modem not working

minault
I've been here awhile

Ordered new ignite TV bundle on March 4, 2024. Modem still not working after over 17 hours on the phone with Roger’s, plus an on site technician. Nobody at Rogers seems to be able to get it working. Green light still flashing. On April 30th, I loose access to the legacy TV boxes and will no longer have access to TV. HELP, what should I do???

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: New modem not working

RogersMoin

Hello, @minault.

We appreciate you joining our Community and sharing your new modem connection issues. It can be worrisome not to have the new modem come online. 

A flashing green light on the modem indicates it’s trying to establish a return connection with the Rogers network. 

• Is the coax cable securely tightened on the new modem?
  • Is your old modem still plugged in and online?
  • If your old modem is online, how do you plug the coax cable into the new one?

Please elaborate on how you are trying to connect the new modem. 

Suppose your existing setup has multiple splitters to accommodate Internet and TV boxes. In that case, I suggest bypassing all the splitters and plugging in the new modem at the demarcation point to see if it gets to a flashing white light. 

Once you have a flashing white light on your new modem, please open the HomeConnect app to set it up. Later, you can move it to the centralized location without coax splitters between the modem and the point of entry of the coax cable. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

minault
I've been here awhile
Thanks. All that has been done/verified even with a technician at the house. Seems there is something that needs to happen by the Rogers back office. It’s just not happening though.

luizfpetribu
I've been here awhile

I had internet service with another provider which I was satisfied with. However, when I went to a Rogers store to upgrade my phone, they offered me a internet plan with double speed I had at the moment and the same price. As the guy told me that it would be very easy to install because it was going to be plug and play, I decided to accept it and got the modem from them.

However, when I got home, I tried to activate the modem through the home connect app and it didn’t work. I noticed that on my account the MAC address from the modem was different from the one on my account. I then called support and spent 1 hour on the line for them to tell me that they opened a ticket dor the situation and it would be resolved in a few hours and I just needed to wait for a email from Rogers.

Well, a few hours passed and no internet and no email from Rogers. I then contacted support again and this time they told me that they would place a priority order on the ticket and it could take 2 days. Again, I waited and no internet or email from rogers after 2 days.

I contacted them again, this time they told me that it would take 5-7 days. Well, today is the 7th day and I got nothing. The only updates I get is when I contact the support.

Since day 2, I wanted to cancel because this is a joke with the costumer. Yet, I can’t cancel because there is a open order on my account. In addition, I have to hear that I don’t need to call or chat for an update because I will get a message from Rogers. Well, if I were to wait on Rogers to have internet, I would still be here with no internet for an entire week. Would be easier to call me in a store and try to retrieve modem and give me a new one? Or simply cancel the account???

Anyway, I just deeply unhappy with rogers’s service and customer service as well. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. For now, I just waiting for the ticket closure, so my account can be canceled!

Good evening @minault, welcome to the Community!

If you still require assistance with the issue, you can contact us by sending a private message @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look at your activation order.

@luizfpetribu, I know you're already in touch with us via PM so we're happy to continue the conversation if still needed.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation