cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Upgrading to Internet Gigabit 1.5 but...

dblues
I plan to stick around

Hi
I am thinking of upgrading to Ignite Internet Gigabit 1.5 (current offer)
My EXISTING bill is due on around 23- 28 Aug 2023.

If I upgrade will I have to pay my existing bill PLUS the new offer,
or will my existing bill be absorbed into the new offer (the new offer is cheaper than my existing!)??
I don't want to pay two bills in one month to get the new offer.

I tried posting on the Chat but thy are taking forever to respond compared to a few years ago!

Wow! it's 8:00 pm and no response on the chat...that's a 2 hr wait!!!
I'm out...

Thanks

db

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Thinking of Upgrading to Internet Gigabit 1.5 but...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dblues  How did this offer come to you?  Did you get one of those "A personalized offer is waiting for you!" banners in MyRogers or did you see an offer for discounted Rogers Internet from Fido or some other Rogers affiliate that might require setting up a new account?

If you got the offer from MyRogers, there generally is not a problem making a change mid-cycle... although the system may block you from making an Internet plan change through self-service options.

If you need to set up a new account, that would be more complicated but I don't think you will get double-billed because Rogers should not allow you to have multiple Internet services active at the same billing address.

Rather than waiting for a chat agent, I would instead send a private message to @CommunityHelps and ask them for assistance with accepting/activating this offer.

Re: Thinking of Upgrading to Internet Gigabit 1.5 but...

dblues
I plan to stick around

@-G-  Yes I saw the offer when I logged into my account.
The strange thing is the new 1.5 G offer is actually cheaper or not much more that what I am paying now for 500MB! I guess that progress for ya!

Anyway thanks...I will send the private message as you suggested before I make a decision.
Again, thanks for your help
dB

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation