cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Experience—BEWARE new customers

KA01
I've been here awhile
I recently made the switch from Fido to Rogers for my network service, enticed by the promise of a $29 plan with 50GB. However, upon receiving confirmation, I was shocked to discover that I had been enrolled in a $39 plan instead for same data plan. However, I should have received 75GB if I was opting for $39 plan which I didn’t. This pricing inconsistency has left me feeling misled and frustrated.

Furthermore, during a conversation with a customer service agent, I was unfairly judged by the agent and her supervisor based on former agent’s chat foot notes without having access to the full conversation transcript. This lack of transparency in assessing my concerns has only compounded my dissatisfaction.

As a result, I immediately decided to withdraw my services with Rogers. I implore Rogers to promptly investigate these issues and ensure transparent and fair practices moving forward.

**Labels Added**
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Worst Experience—BEWARE new customers

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

Hello. It sounds like those chat comments that were used to unfairly judge you, caused this experience to become extremely unpleasant..

However, if by "Network", you mean cell phone service, that $39 plan with 50 GB of data (as stated by your email confirmation), will most likely only cost you $29 plus tax each month .. assuming that you use auto payment method (saves s5), and bring your own phone (saves another $5). All of this is probably mentioned in the fine print somewhere, but most companies present the plan pricing in the same manner.

The good news is that it's possible that Fido will also offer you the same deal (if you refuse to stay with Rogers) because both companies are trying to best the Freedom mobile 50 GB data (plus unlimited US/Canada calling) Plan for $5 more than your Rogers offer.

You should contact Rogers billing to confirm that my assumptions are correct. I also assume that the first bill will be more than $29 plus tax, due to your billing cycle and/or because you might get charged at slightly higher rate that will be credited back to you on your 2nd bill if necessary.

Disclaimer: I've never had a Rogers cell phone bill, but I wanted to comment early, so that you won't worry about getting your $29 deal that you thought you lost, but most likely didn't.

Cheers.

RogersCorey

We spoke in private and unfortunately, our offer of help was refused.

Should you change your mind in the future and want us to properly investigate this, please feel free to return to our ongoing PM chat.

Thank you.

Regards,

RogersCorey

KA01
I've been here awhile
I am not sure what kind of help Rogers Corey is talking about. All they said was they don’t have access to my previous conversation and they can’t help if their supervisor couldn’t!
And this conversation ended without any resolution.

And @mebe I understand where you coming from. I assumed the same thing you mentioned. Rogers refused upon asking the same as their notes mentioned exact $39 plan for 50 GB. They applied no promos while activation.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation