cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 6, number sharing?

JamesBee
I plan to stick around

New month, new product, same question. Does Rogers support number sharing yet with the Galaxy watch 6? Also does the BYOD Samsung Watch plan work yet and with number sharing?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Galaxy Watch 6, number sharing?

D1B1
I've been here awhile

Rogers and Samsung really messed up on this one. The time I wasted on customer support yesterday is insane. Ultimately, I had to return my Watch6 Classic to Samsung for a full refund and now have to re-order through Rogers which I really don't want to do now out of principle. I can't believe Samsung is okay with this, shipping cleanly packaged products only to have them returned opened up, not because the devices are bad, but because one Canadian telecom company can't get their act together.

Rogers told me that Samsung is considered a third party supplier of the device. They literally made the device, how can they be third party? Like, I get what they're saying but it's utter nonsense.

If I want to use mobile, I would have to get a unique phone number for the watch. Think about that for a minute. Who in their right mind would want this? Surely you're buying the device for the integration with your phone. They say call forwarding is an option but when they explain how that would "work" it's lunacy. The core function of the watch effectively becomes unavailable. Whomever came up with these "solutions" should be fired. It's the purest form of stupidity I have encountered in quite some time and that's really saying something from Rogers.

Samsung and Rogers need to get in a room and figure this out. It makes no sense at all.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

RogersCorey

Greetings @JamesBee!

Thank you for your interest!

You can find all of our current and up to date information on the Galaxy Watch 6 here: Samsung Galaxy Watch6 – Price, specs and features - Rogers

Regards,

RogersCorey

D1B1
I've been here awhile

Rogers and Samsung really messed up on this one. The time I wasted on customer support yesterday is insane. Ultimately, I had to return my Watch6 Classic to Samsung for a full refund and now have to re-order through Rogers which I really don't want to do now out of principle. I can't believe Samsung is okay with this, shipping cleanly packaged products only to have them returned opened up, not because the devices are bad, but because one Canadian telecom company can't get their act together.

Rogers told me that Samsung is considered a third party supplier of the device. They literally made the device, how can they be third party? Like, I get what they're saying but it's utter nonsense.

If I want to use mobile, I would have to get a unique phone number for the watch. Think about that for a minute. Who in their right mind would want this? Surely you're buying the device for the integration with your phone. They say call forwarding is an option but when they explain how that would "work" it's lunacy. The core function of the watch effectively becomes unavailable. Whomever came up with these "solutions" should be fired. It's the purest form of stupidity I have encountered in quite some time and that's really saying something from Rogers.

Samsung and Rogers need to get in a room and figure this out. It makes no sense at all.

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
Thank you D1B1. That's what I was looking for. Frustrating that it's still not at parity with other carriers or even the Apple watch on Rogers.

Sukut
I plan to stick around

I got a plan from rogers for my byod smart watch from the store for which number sharing was promised. Called rogers and was told nope only the rogers bought devices are eligable. Nowhere in their website it does say that . So i cancelled the plan today and called Telus and they said the number share is indeed allowed to byod. Well after 30 years with rogers finally I will be jumping ship.

Pratik88
I've been around
Same here , after using 2 line from. Rogers for almost 7 years , now it's time to change , if no support for samsung galaxy watch , very bad business practice from rogers.

Maverick0
I've been around

So I have called rogers and asked them to buy the device and have it shipped to me and they say it has to be done in store only for galaxy watch 6. I went to the store and they don't have any and they apparently cant even order the Galaxy watch 6 Classic LTE 47mm version. I am not sure why Rogers has advertised the watch on their website with a plan and said that they can only number share if we get the watch from them and then they dont have stock and dont know when they will get any. This is a very frustrating situation for all samsung/ android users who are looking forward to using the LTE watch and cant BYOD as Rogers wont allow that and also they dont have stock or know when they will get some. This needs to be addressed.

plkm
I've been here awhile

Hello,

@Maverick0 wrote:

... I went to the store and they don't have any and they apparently cant even order the Galaxy watch 6 Classic LTE 47mm version.....

Yes, it is very frustrating when items are not in stock. However, it is even more frustrating that Rogers does not carry the full Galaxy Watch 6 line-up. I am interested in the 43 mm version, yet Rogers only carries the 47 mm Galaxy Watch 6 Classic (confirmed through multiple Rogers store locations). If I want number sharing with Rogers, I will have to purchase a device I do not actually want. Sorely disappointed.

Cheers

D1B1
I've been here awhile
Update on this.. I returned the Watch6 Classic to Samsung after performing a factory reset. They received my return and said they couldn't refund me because the devices is locked. I told them that was bogus because I personally performed the factory reset before carefully packing the watch back up.

They wouldn't budge, so I asked them to send it back. I have it right now, just got it back today. I had to set it up as a new watch as it was not locked to my phone. Strangely though, upon setting it up again, I did indeed have to unlock the phone using previous information which is completely insane. Why should somebody new using the device, require my information in order to set it up for themselves? I've now been through this twice, you cannot reset the watch to factory completely and leave the watch unlocked. Upon turning the watch on and going through the setup process, it ALWAYS requires previous lock information.
So near as I can tell, I have officially been screwed in a combined effort by Rogers and Samsung. I've purchased a device I cannot effectively use, Samsung won't take it back and Rogers won't set it up. Horrendous. Absolute garbage. Make no mistake, this is nothing short of outright theft by way of false advertising. When our company contract comes up for renewal, I'm gone. Never again Rogers. I'd switch smartphone ecosystems but I actually like my S21 Ultra way better than the iPhone I previously had. I'm still not happy with Samsung for not warning about this pitfall upon purchase. I've thrown up my hands, I literally don't know what to do. In case anyone reading this thinks I lack technical ability, I can assure you, that's not the issue here. I've built computers, networks, servers, I run businesses. My house is a tech haven. This is 100% a botched rollout by Samsung and ill-prepared launch by Rogers. If you are a Rogers business customer DO NOT buy a Watch6 Classic through Samsung and beware that you currently cannot purchase one through Rogers as business customers currently can only get the Watch5.

D1B1
I've been here awhile
One more point of clarification, in order to return my device to Samsung, I would have to leave it with all my personal information on it and give the warehouse my password. I'm not doing that. If I factory reset, the watch requires either my pin or my Google account information for whomever sets up the watch next. So either way, I have to give out my personal information. In essence, a factory reset of the Watch6 Classic, is not accurately described as a full reset since it will always require the pin or Google account of the previous user. It's a perfect trap that lets Samsung keep your refund because their device is poorly thought out. If I ran my business like this, I would be in hand cuffs.

alextheangel
I plan to stick around

Unbelievable Rogers still haven't got this fix. The issue si

1. Rogers has no issue to get apple watch setup just self-service regardless where the watch was bought

2. Both Bell and Telus allow customers self-service to add Samsung or pixel watch to their network regardless where the watch was bought

So the whole thing is all Rogers fault, and stupid. Beside they actually raise the watch plan from $10/m to $15/m now, which I think it only cost them like 50 cents to run

alextheangel
I plan to stick around

How did you reset it? You reset it directly on the watch or through the wearable app?

Watch 6 is running wear OS 4 instead of wear os3 like on watch 4/5, so things might be different,

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

I don't get it. My Apple Watch LTE has its own number and if I leave for a jog with only my watch, if someone calls my phone (iPhone), my watch rings.
Unless it's different with Android watches? I'm not familiar enough with them.

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
Yes, how your Apple watch is how it's supposed to work. With Android watches if you purchase elsewhere then you have to set it up as an additional line with it's own number which Rogers will eventually cancel saying they don't support it when their website says it does. Number sharing only supposedly works if you purchase the watch direct from Samsung. Telus and Bell have this working with BYOD. Rogers doesn't even support family setup with Apple watch which is a sign something is wrong on their back end with how they support all of these types of devices. Hopefully Rogers fixes this soon but this has been an ongoing issue since 2018.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

Ooohh, I see. Yeah there's definitely something wrong with their back end and they need to figure it out ASAP.

belerud
I've been here awhile

A NIGHTMARE!!!  I spent so many hours chatting and making voice calls, talking at the Rogers store.  Each time with the prospect of success with a fully working solution on my watch and then, being deactivated 24 hrs later through an untraceable Rogers email!!!!  4 times it worked, 4 times Rogers deactivated the next day.  The 5th time, I lied!!!  I activated an "Apple watch" through Rogers online chat (ESim is ESim...).  Took forever BUT it worked.  The plan was activated, the ESim was supposedly shipped.  24 hours later, same email from Rogers technical support saying my "SAMSUNG watch plan" activation is cancelled even though my account still says I have a deactivated APPLE watch plan. 

Now, can anyone reach the board of director, or any human with power or smarts in that company?

Sukut
I plan to stick around
Yes esim is a esim. Should work on any esim devices try lucky mobile online and set it up as phone but provide your watch imei and eid and open the account. Then go into watch wearables and activate the plan. You may be surprised and its standalone plan. My buddy has tried and said it works. Good luck

belerud
I've been here awhile

Thanks, giving it a shot!  Activation was simple through the Samsung watch app mobile plan QR code reading.  I need to run some test now.  Will report here.  Link below:

$15/month is now Rogers's price for a watch plan anyway (others still at $10).  Lucky Mobile is $15 with 250mb but it might be the only solution for me if I want to stay with Rogers (have to because we have 3 lines on an advantageous plan and leaving would nullify the plan for all).  I included the activation link.

(3rd party link removed - RogersMoin)

magnumH
I've been here awhile

YES.
Phone has number. 
Watch has number.
-No matter how many times I pair them or sync them, as CUSTOMER SUPPORT says. The two numbers do not work together. 

Logic dictates their backend has no protocol to direct PH # to WA # IN OR OUT..... it is that simple. There is nothing any of us can do with our gadgets. no pairing nothing. BACKEND PROBLEMS!

I HAVE NUMEROUS STORE VISITS. HOURS ON CALLS. MORE TIME IN CHATS. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO!

I changed from Fido to Rogers BECAUSE they said I could only do this with Rogers in store..  Compensation is a must!

D1B1
I've been here awhile

I find it insane that they're labelling this thread as solved and a complaint as being a 'solution'. These are the kind of blunders you can expect when your threads are monitored by an algorithm instead of a human being. It's pathetic and embarassing. 

Moehas
I've been around

OMG! and this is STILL NOT sorted by Rogers??????

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 12 in conversation