cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now a Rogers customer but now RCS is not available for my device??

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

In the last hour I have changed from Bell to Rogers. And soon after I did notice a change regarding texting. With Bell I used the Messages by Google for my default Texting App.

But I quickly noticed that RCS Chat was not "working" with the new SIM card for Rogers. That is I could only do SMS/MMS . And so I went into Messages Settings and selected RCS chats and it says "RCS chats aren't available for this device. Your device does not currently support this feature".

Well my Pixel 6 (Android 14) supported it just fine under the Bell Network. How do I enable RCS texting with the Rogers Network?

UPDATE: I got an unsolicited "Your Messenger Verification code is G-etc"And I checked and RCS chats now say under Status as Connected (I guess Google had to...reauthorize?)

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Now a Rogers customer but now RCS is not available for my device??

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor

As someone that ported in from Telus back in June.  Yeah.  It does take Google a few hours to catch up with your device once your account catches up with the provisioning.  The same can apply with some 2FA services as well.  Once they refresh to realize there has been a provider change for the number.  Everything should be back to normal.  

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Now a Rogers Customer? does that mean you Ported your same cellphone to rogers from another cellphone company?  usually those things take a bit of time to provision but glad it worked out in the end for you

LordDrakkon

As someone that ported in from Telus back in June.  Yeah.  It does take Google a few hours to catch up with your device once your account catches up with the provisioning.  The same can apply with some 2FA services as well.  Once they refresh to realize there has been a provider change for the number.  Everything should be back to normal.  

samsvoc63
I plan to stick around

I'm in the same boat. I ported to Rogers from Fido a few days ago. When I try to enable RCS, all I see is STATUS: Setting up.... Trying to verify  😞

LordDrakkon
It can take a bit for the system to catch up. Rogers and Fido being the same company, that provisioning can get a little confused. What messaging app are you using? Devices like Samsung will sometimes go through a CSC change to properly setup for the new carrier SIM. If you are using an eSIM for Fido. Did you delete that eSIM after porting over to Rogers? If not, that can sometimes cause issues with the correct provisioning. Make sure your APN and SMS/MMS settings are all correct in your device as well.

samsvoc63
I plan to stick around

I'm using a Google Pixel 8 Pro, bought from Google, default messaging app and physical SIM card. I've been with Rogers in the past and don't recall ever having RCS working. It was flawless with Fido. Btw, not that I need it but when trying to enable WIFI calling, I get a message that my phone isn't compatible but was fine with Fido. Yeah, I know, first world problems. 🙂

LordDrakkon
Wifi Calling can be useful. It sounds like you will need to call support to have them make sure your device is being identified properly in their system. RCS can be either provisioned by Google or Rogers. If it is being provisioned by Rogers, it might take longer than it would with Google. Have you tried turning off RCS in the app, clearing the cache, not the data because that will wipe all of your messages, and then re-enabling it after a few hours?

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
For your WiFi Calling, call tech support and ask them to provision your line with it (you'll get an automated confirmation email). RCS worked for me, back when I was on Android. I had to set another texting app as default, reboot my phone, then set Google Messages as default again and re-enable RCS.

samsvoc63
I plan to stick around

Yes, I've tried it all but now it's saying I tried too many times and retry again tomorrow. I'm going to install another texting app, make it the default and see show she goes. Might call rogers as they need to fix some other issues. 

samsvoc63
I plan to stick around

You're correct! I remember a few years ago, when I was with Telus, I needed to call them and got wifi calling enabled. I'll try tomorrow as well as figure out RCS with another text app. 

Hello @samsvoc63!

Has there been any change for you with this issue since you last posted a couple days ago or has the issue been resolved?

Regards,

RogersCorey

samsvoc63
I plan to stick around
Yes, for some odd reason, RCS started working. I'm happy. Can't say the same about WiFi calling. I called Rogers csr and they told me their systems were down, so, going to try again this week.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Goos to know about RCS! Do you have VoLTE on? It has to be enabled for Wi-Fi Calling to work.

samsvoc63
I plan to stick around
Yes, Volte is turned on. I purchased the Pixel 8 Pro from Google and may need to call Rogers to add my IMEI. Will try Rogers csr again this week. Tks for your help.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
You're welcome!
Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 6 in conversation