cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 12 Not Compatible with Rogers 5G

88sidney
I've been around
For those of you have bought our considering to buy Oneplus 12, unfortunately it will not work on the "fastest" 5G network Rogers has. The photos itself will not even display a 5G network option. Called Rogers technician she said she couldn't help. Emailed Oneplus who said to ask Rogers.
Ironically my friend has a Telus 5 G plan and it works like a charm. Telus 5G speed on this phone is 400+Mbps whereas Rogers LTE+ is about 200Mbps.
Guess my only option is either to return the phone or switch to another carrier.
PS: I saw people posting a workaround by downloading an app. I'm not gonna do that since it is a 1000$ phone and the "best" 5G network so I'm expecting more.
Hope anyone else sees this and not making the same mistake I do by wasting your precious time problem-solving sometime that should not be there to start with.
  • 5G
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Oneplus 12 Not Compatible with Rogers 5G

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Enjoy that trash band 66/n66 if you switch to Telus. Also consider that Telus will block your device from using VoLTE and WiFi Calling as well as prevent you from roaming. I was with Telus using a OnePlus 8T+ 5G from T-Mobile USA (their roaming partner) when my VoLTE and WiFi Calling deprovisioned in November 2022. I talked to some high up contacts in their Executive Office and a Senior Network Engineer that told me any non-Canadian carrier sold devices with the exception of iPhones, would not be provisioned for VoLTE or WiFi Calling. Telus also prevented me from roaming in the USA and even went as far as to block 911 access while I was in the US.

I bought an s23 Ultra from T-Mobile as well and was given the same reasons from the Telus Executive Office and their Senior Network Engineer. That's what brought me back to Rogers! My WiFi Calling and VoLTE works on my s23 Ultra I purchased from T-Mobile USA on Rogers perfectly. I have no issues roaming and the most important thing to note is... Canada's 3G shutdown is coming so you will need that VoLTE if you want to make and receive calls once the Canadian 3G networks sunset happens.

dutspro
I've been here awhile

For those searching this forum for a solution:

Download "5G Network Manager" and select Android 11+ to access the hidden radio settings on your OnePlus phone, set the "Preferred Network Type" to any option with NR (that's 5G). Then, download Shizuku from Google Play, and search for Pixel IMS, download it from their official Github Page, run Shizuku then Pixel IMS, and enable the VoLTE/VoNR switches, and you'll be all set. This may reset after each reboot or software update though!

AlexPetre
I've been here awhile
CAN CONFIRM THE ONEPLUS 12 WORKS ON ROGERS 5G NETWORK OUT OF THE BOX. Showing 5G as option in the cellular settings , no additional apps to force it can defaulted to 5G. Not sure if it is due to the new software update.

dutspro
I've been here awhile
Same, 5G , VoLTE⚠️, you still need to go through the shizuku workaround, but 5G does work Out of the box with a software update! Finally the fastest 5G in CAN supports OP

Hi Alex,

I did not have any luck here in Georgina with my OP12, but my S22U works. Where are you located?

AlexPetre
I've been here awhile
Vancouver, BC

After yesterday's software update(CPH2583_14.0.0.404), my Oneplus 12 can connect with 5G, but before, only 4G.
Toronto, ON

dutspro
I've been here awhile
Yes, exactly, you'll need that software update, to get it right away, download Oxygen Updater from the Play Store

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor

Sounds like you need a firmware update. I dunno if T mobile works but according to AlexPetre's post  his worked out of the box.

It does now after the recent update of approx 6GB

Serco
I've been here awhile

Hi,

Could you tell me if the situation changed for the OnePlus 12 since the last post here about the 5G, VoLTE and WifiCalling? 

Is it better since the last firmware update on the phone or you still need to change manually lot of settings on every update?

SerCo 

PUFNSTUF
I've been here awhile

I'm also hoping for confirmation that 5g also works. If you drop from 5g, is it then a brick if you haven't done the VOLTE backdoor changes?

Bigbikeguy
I've been around
Not sure where you are in Canada, but my Oneplus 12 works excellent on 5g in rural Ontario....

I confirm this works with OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. thanks for the tip

Do you happen to know if Volte roaming works with the OnePlus 12? When traveling to the U.S, will the OnePlus 12 have access to volte roaming?

Had a OnePlus 11 and went on a business trip and needed to buy a new phone while down in the U.S, as the phone was not supported by Rogers volte roaming...

dutspro
I've been here awhile

TL;DR - 5G works out of Box, VoLTE does not unless if you tweak some settings, then it will.

5G works so long as you're running the latest OS Version. For VoLTE, you have to download Shizuku from Google Play and Pixel IMS from Github to enable it, after going through the steps with those apps, you'll have VoLTE as well. 

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 13 in conversation