cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable service since late 2021

Nothappyanymo
I've been here awhile

For well over 17 monghs, I have experienced slow internet, .07mbps, some calls and a few delayed texts. Rogers said it was due to the storm during the 24th of May weekend 2022. It existed, at least, 5 months prior to that. I reported it during that time.

Serveral people in this area are having the same issue. I have an open ticket on this and the problem. Rogers acknowledges nothing in the phone calls until I tell them that I know there is a new tower being built but not completed since a year ago in August. They deployed a portable tower which increased my reception to 1.1mbps. I called repeatedly and they supposedly redirected that tower and the signal got worse, back to .08mbps. I called again this week and the portable tower was apparently damaged in another storm.

I call did call initially weekly and now, monthly. No changes, they tell me everything is working.

No time frame for repair. I still get a full bill monthly, for services that they are not providing. Only once there is a full resolve to the problem, do they acknowledge that I have been overcharged.

Stuck in a dead in loop.

***EDITED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unreliable service since late 2021

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Nothappyanymo  Are you in an area that gets 5G coverage?  If so, you now have another option for Wireless Home Internet: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/Introducing-Rogers-5G-Home-Internet/ba-p/510936

Nothappyanymo
I've been here awhile
No 5G in this area.

Good evening @Nothappyanymo,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how inconvenient inconsistent service can be. We'd love to look into this in detail for you, for troubleshooting purposes please send a private message to @CommunityHelps.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation