cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling not working with Pixel 8 from Google Store

12dg
I've been around

Anyone have any solution to enable WiFi calling on Rogers network...got a pixel 8 from the Google store but apparently doesn't work on the Rogers network cause I didn't buy it from them...is that even allowed? Anyway...any solution for wifi calling? Works on the other networks, just not Rogers.

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: WiFi calling not working with Pixel 8 from Google Store

mwatson1
I've been around

I bought my Pixel 8 Pro from Google directly and it's set to Wi-fi calling at home. It depends if you have a plan that allows wi-fi calling or not. If you do, go into phone settings (three dots at the top right hand corner) in the search bar. Hit settings >Calling Accounts>tap on Rogers>tap Wi-Fi calling and toggle it on. It will take about 30-60 seconds for your phone to connect to your home wi-fi.
Good luck!

Re: WiFi calling not working with Pixel 8 from Google Store

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
That is more of a Bell/Telus practice although it applies to most Asian and India devices modes on all carriers. Rogers provisioning is a bit on the slow side when catching up on the Android 14 provisioning and approved firmware versions. My T-Mobile USA purchased s23 Ultra works fine on Rogers WiFi Calling and did without issue on Android 13. When I entered the official Samsung Android 14 beta though. WiFi Calling stopped working for me a few builds in. Figuring it was a beta issue, I brought it up with Samsung, that confirmed everything was good when the final build was pushed to beta participants and a few days later, to everyone. I had to contact Rogers Support to get them to update their system, which resolved the provisioning issue for me. Try reaching out to Rogers Support so they can make sure their system is up to date and that everything is setup correctly on your account.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation