cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding serial number for old iPhone (Apple class action)

Qubit
I plan to stick around

Hello! I purchased an iPhone 7 in 2016 and I am eligible for the Apple throttling class action but to register I need to input the serial number of my iPhone. I bought it from Roger’s and I could find the maintenance agreement pdf which in principle should contain the serial number but it doesn’t. It only shows the IMEI of the phone.

Is there any way to recover the serial number from rogerd at all? Or should I abandon all hope? I don’t have the phone anymore so any method requiring it won’t work unfortunately

**Labels Added**

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Finding serial number for old iPhone (Apple class action)

RogersMaude

Good day @Qubit,

Thanks you for your post! I understand your desire to locate your device serial number.

There are places to check that might show the serial number:

1. Go to appleid.apple.com in a web browser.

2. Sign in with the Apple ID that you used on your device.

3. Choose the Devices section. To see the serial and IMEI/MEID number, select the device.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support by clicking on the following link: iPhone

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Qubit
I plan to stick around
Unfortunately it did not work. The phone (from 2016) is no longer listed under my Apple devices on Apple ID

Calling Apple is the first thing I did abs they told me I need to check the original bill of sales or invoice.

In the document I got from Roger’s, I have the imei but no mention of the serial number, unfortunately

They won't accept the IMEI in this case? We could check for you to see if the phone is still on file.

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

hi, how far back does rogers go for files?  I'm also trying to get the serial number of any past iphone 6/7 that I had.  I'm pretty sure that it was 2 or 3 of those models.  Thanks

Hello, @mudgts.

I appreciate you joining this thread. We can gladly check if your device is listed on your account. You can send @CommunityHelps a private message as outlined by RogersCorey in the above message.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I am seeking assisting in finding my old Iphone serial # so I can supply it as part of a class action suit. I no longer have the phone nor do I have records of the purchase, which was through Rogers. Can someone assist me please?

I've sent several messages to @CommunityHelps (I'm assuming that you're referring to the tiktok account) and no answer yet.  

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers likely does NOT have record of the serial number, only the IMEI.

Why do u even need the serial number? according to what I read, you likely do NOT need the serial number to submit a claim, if you have a device lying around you can enter the SN  and it will tell you if its eligible but it is not a requirement during the claim submission process

It also states on the apple claim web site: The Class Members are all individuals, both corporate and natural persons, who are or were domiciled in Canada, excluding persons who are Quebec residents as of June 15, 2023, who (i) purchased and/or owned iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7 or 7 Plus smartphones, and (ii) installed or downloaded iOS version 10.2.1 or later (for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and SE) or iOS version 11.2 or later (for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus) before December 21, 2017

In my experience with these, they do not ask for those details and should pay out the claim regardless.

mudgts
I'm here a lot

the claim website asks for the s/n and won't let you proceed without entering the information

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation