cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit new events in Rogers Yahoo calendar

hunterpiper
I plan to stick around

Rogers Yahoo Calendar has worked well for me for several years.  But now I see that it will not save changes to the all-day events that I had previously set up.  Is there a solution to this.

Thanks very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't edit new events in Rogers Yahoo calendar

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I never use the Rogers/Yahoo calendar in Webmail, since I use Outlook for that function, however, since people were having issues, I thought I'd give it a go.  I had no issues setting up several events, editing those events and the descriptions, before and after they occurred and getting e-mail reminders regarding those events.  Not sure why it's not working for you...

Edit - Here's a link to tips when something goes wrong with a Rogers website. The issue is often with cookies or cache and by using Incognito or Private mode in a browser those are bypassed. Also using a clean new browser can do the same as well as trying the other tips I have listed in the link.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

daria_o
I've been around

I just started having this PROBLEM with not being able to edit an existing appointment in Rogers Yahoo. It won't save the change!!

Hello, @hunterpiper & @daria_o 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We certainly want to help you get your Rogers Yahoo Calendar working properly. 

• What internet browser are you using to access your email?
  • Can you clear the cache and cookies on your browser or if you are using Chrome you can use Incognito mode instead.

Please let us know if issues are persistent.

RogersTony

hunterpiper
I plan to stick around

Thanks RogersTony,

I use Google Chrome, but over the weekend I switched to Edge.  Same Calendar problem with Edge.

My problem was with all-day events, but now I think the problem also extends to events scheduled at particular times; I can't edit and save those either.

I called Rogers telephone support over the weekend.  They have created a ticket for my issue.

I'm not familiar with Icognito mode but will look into it.

hunterpiper
I plan to stick around

Daria_o,

I just contacted Rogers tech support.  They closed my case (ticket # C195360794) because they determined that the problem lies with Yahoo.  They suggested I contact them to solve the problem with Calendar; they would not undertake to do so themselves.  What kind of tech support is this?  I was hoping someone at Rogers Yahoo would take ownership of my issue because I am not a customer of Yahoo and Yahoo has no idea who I am.

Maybe you should contact Rogers tech support and register the same issue; maybe that will lead them to deal with Yahoo.

hunterpiper
I plan to stick around

Hi RogersTony,

Do you think it would help if I uninstalled Rogers Yahoo Mail and then reinstalled?

If I did, would I lose my e-mail folders and contact list information?

Thanks,

hunterpiper

Good afternoon @hunterpiper!

Since you access the calendar via a browser and the issue persists across multiple browsers, I don't think a reinstall will help.

As we have determined this to be a Yahoo issue, I would recommend contacting them directly for support. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

hunterpiper
I plan to stick around

Thanks, RogersCorey.

I am willing to try.  Would you have a name, telephone number or website?

I am not a Yahoo customer and don't expect much cooperation.

hunterpiper

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I never use the Rogers/Yahoo calendar in Webmail, since I use Outlook for that function, however, since people were having issues, I thought I'd give it a go.  I had no issues setting up several events, editing those events and the descriptions, before and after they occurred and getting e-mail reminders regarding those events.  Not sure why it's not working for you...

Edit - Here's a link to tips when something goes wrong with a Rogers website. The issue is often with cookies or cache and by using Incognito or Private mode in a browser those are bypassed. Also using a clean new browser can do the same as well as trying the other tips I have listed in the link.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

hunterpiper
I plan to stick around

Many thanks to RE 57 and to RogersTony.  I closed out Rogers Yahoo Mail and then, as they suggested, I went into Incognito mode (for the first time ever) on my desktop computer.  In that mode, I re-opened Rogers Yahoo Mail and changed an all-day event and a scheduled event in Calendar and successfully saved those changes to the Calendar.  Then, I closed Rogers Yahoo Mail and exited Incognito mode.

Then I re-opened Rogers Yahoo Mail on my desktop and saw that the Calendar changes that I had made in Incognito mode were now showing there.

So it appears that the issue I had initially reported to the Community has been resolved with one trip into Incognito mode; hence no need to get help from Yahoo US.

Grateful for your advice.

Hunterpiper

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation