cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange paint lines all over street, sidewalk and boulevard

BarryBD
I've been here awhile

Today there were 3 Rogers trucks, 2 other telecom trucks, and at least 8 workers at our intersection. After dinner I noticed there were all kinds of colored paint lines up and down our sidewalks and boulevards. There was no information provided either verbal or printed. What's happening? We live in the old part of Aurora Ontario.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Orange paint lines all over street, sidewalk and boulevard

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BarryBD wrote:

Today there were 3 Rogers trucks, 2 other telecom trucks, and at least 8 workers at our intersection. After dinner I noticed there were all kinds of colored paint lines up and down our sidewalks and boulevards.

Orange paint is used to mark the location of telecom cables and conduit.  It could be for telephone, coaxial cable, fibre, etc.  Somewhere, the survey marks should also indicate the type of cable and sometimes also the company that owns it.

There was no information provided either verbal or printed. What's happening? We live in the old part of Aurora Ontario.

It could be anything.  It might be to locate cables that need to repaired or replaced or city crews might be planning to rip up the road or sidewalk.

If anyone is planning to run new underground infrastructure, you will see pink lines/flags (used for temporary survey markings) identifying the proposed route and additional markings identifying the type of cable, pipe, etc.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation