cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RogersBank Mastercard (only card I have where Current Balance DOES NOT include pending transactions)

uniqueusername
I plan to stick around

This threw me for a loop getting this card as I like to fully pay my card off at the end of each month.

It is the ONLY card I have to go subtract my available credit from my credit limit to get the REAL current balance.

Since current balance does not include pending transactions it is essentially a useless value, EVERYDAY will have new pending transitions as I run nearly everything through the card. The current transactions also does not have a running balance like EVERY OTHER CARD I have.

Small rant over.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: RogersBank Mastercard (only card I have where Current Balance DOES NOT include pending transactions)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@uniqueusername I'm not quite sure why this matters much, especially once you know about it.  You'll get your exact balance with your statement and if you authorize a preauthorized payment with say your bank, then you don't really have to do anything other than make note of the amount that's going to be withdrawn from your bank in about 20 days from the statement and obviously make sure you have enough money there to cover the statement amount...

Re: RogersBank Mastercard (only card I have where Current Balance DOES NOT include pending transactions)

uniqueusername
I plan to stick around

It matters when you want to ZERO your card not just pay the monthly balance. I always ZERO the balance when I pay to ensure the full available credit is available for the next month.

ALL my other cards I can just cut and past the "current balance" and pay.. thus zero.. I can do this from the main account page or from the running total on ALL OTHER CARDS.. with rogers to do the equivalent I have to subtract the available credit from the credit limit. It is very odd.. Something I haven't seen in the the decades of having credit cards with online totals.

So, not only do you wish to send your money to Rogers MC early, but you want to send them more than required.  Hmm. 😉

I prefer to leave the money in my EQ Bank earning 3% interest instead or over $100/year.

You could always ask for an increased credit limit.

One advantage of the Rogers MC information is that is shows you your actual credit limit available at the time, since the pending transactions impact the credit limit.

Another thing you could do is if you find yourself short on the credit limit at a certain time, simply make any payment you desire to get as much limit as you want.  I did this a few years back when I was close to my credit limit but wanted to make a large purchase.  Better to only do this once in a while instead of every month?

uniqueusername
I plan to stick around

I prefer to leave the money in my EQ Bank earning 3% interest instead or over $100/year.

I prefer to have enough room on the card to keep earning that INSTANT 3%  cash back vs the "annualized" 3% from the EQ bank?

You could always ask for an increased credit limit.

You have to wait 6months.. this is feedback after signing up for the card.. as it is different than ANY OTHER card from any OTHER provider I have had.. 

One advantage of the Rogers MC information is that is shows you your actual credit limit available at the time, since the pending transactions impact the credit limit.

No all my other cards show that AND the current balance reflects the pending transactions, Rogers is the odd one out here not showing the pending or running balance with pending charges.

At any rate it is an annoyance.

@uniqueusername wrote:  1. I prefer to have enough room on the card to keep earning that INSTANT 3%  cash back vs the "annualized" 3% from the EQ bank?
2. At any rate it is an annoyance.

1. It's possible to have both by topping up only as required.

2. Agreed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing to be aware of is that some transactions may appear both in the actual transactions list and in the pending transactions list for a day or so.

uniqueusername
I plan to stick around

Oh this is fun Current Balance 231.54, available credit 132. Payment shows as posted (not pending) yesterday.

Hmm so my balance updated but my available credit did not? These numbers are completely unreliable!

No other credit card I HAVE or have had has such out of whack balance information.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation