cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot recieve Rogers Bank SMS alerts

banter1498
I'm here a lot
This probably the last attempt I'll make at fixing this because I've literally exhausted every other solution/help. The rogers bank app has a feature where you can recieve alerts through texts. You need to verify the phone number in order to start recieving them. However I have repeatedly failed to recieve a single message allowing me to verify my number. My number is not with rogers. Ive checked with my mobile carrier and Have called rogers bank customer support multiple times to get this issue solved. Rogers bank customer support either suggested methods i've tried multiple times or say they have no idea. I've deleted my number and readded it to the app hoping it will send the message to verify but nothing. I've also made sure nothing is blocked by looking up the numbers used by rogers/rogers bank on the official sms short directory so it is not blocked.
I know its not my carrier because I tried using my family members number under our carriers family plan with the exact same features as mine. That number recieved the verification text on the first try. I tried waiting a few hours to change back to my number like some suggested when I googled solutions saying it might reset but nothing.
This literally the only place my number won't recieve a code from. Just rogers bank alerts, but strangely enough I'll get codes under different numbers or with promo info from rogers/rogers bank. Literally everything BUT the alerts. I've tried on the rogers bank app and on desktop. I've restarted my phone/reset all settings/airplane mode on off NOTHING.

Im not the only one who has this issue too and honestly from my experience with rogers bank so far...theres so much left to be desired compared to other credit card companies/banks services I've used. Not to mention basic account security features like one time use authenticator shortcodes that provide extra protection in the event you lose access to your phone number or it becomes compromised via sim swap etc.
Its very strange how different rogers bank is compared to other services offered by rogers and the quality of service they are known for.

I'll probably try again in a few months if miraculously it fixes itself in some random update.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: cannot recieve Rogers Bank SMS alerts

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I get my Rogers Bank alerts sent as e-mails.  Granted, these may not be instantaneous, however, it would be a very rare alert where I would need it to be, and it's certainly better than not getting an alert at all.

Michael6666
I've been here awhile
I have exactly the same issue.

I've switched phone. I've switched provider. So the same issue.

When I put my spouse's number instead of mine, the text notifications come in. Email alerts work fine.

Good morning @Michael6666!

Have you tried contacting Rogers Bank for troubleshooting support? It sounds like you've already attempted all the basic troubleshooting and more. I would recommend reaching out through one of the options here: Contact Rogers Bank | Rogers Bank 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Michael6666
I've been here awhile

I have contacted Rogers Bank and did all the troubleshooting with them. They say it's on the carrier side as everything is working on their end.

I'm getting juggled between Rogers and Rogers.

I have an open ticket with Rogers cell phone service, we'll see if that leads to anything.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation