cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers website and Community Forums problems continue.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

These problems started before the historic Rogers outage, when signing in became impossible, but they still continue. Here is a summary of the hoops I have to jump through just to sign in to Rogers. (I should note that I use a computer, Windows 7 and Firefox preferably, so maybe the site is being optimized for the smartphone generation, kicking us computer dinosaurs to the curb.)

First, when signing in, it suddenly required an actual username instead of my email address as username, which it rejected, so I had to create an entire new identity, which I have since abandoned after finding workarounds, and I think it's not doing the username thing anymore.

Then, when signing in didn't work, I resorted to always deleting Rogers cookies. When even that failed, I began using Chrome in Incognito mode, as many others had been doing.

I only sign in to Rogers for two reasons, to check my PayGo transactions and balance by going to Bill Summary, and to Community Forums. I have these pages bookmarked.

For Bill Summary using Chrome Incognito, I click my bookmark and sign in, skipping the prompt to add my sell number and I get this screen:

existing.jpg

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
1 REPLY 1

Re: Rogers website and Community Forums problems continue.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

1. Windows 7 and Firefox

2. First, when signing in, it suddenly required an actual username instead of my email address

3. I began using Chrome in Incognito mode, as many others had been doing.

4. I only sign in to Rogers for two reasons, to check my PayGo transactions and balance by going to Bill Summary, and to Community Forums. I have these pages bookmarked.

1. It's probably time you stopped using Windows 7.  As you know, you've had numerous issues, partly due to using W7.  There comes a time when old equipment, software and apps need to be upgraded.

2. Not sure why this happened to you, but perhaps it's cookie related. 

3. That's good for getting to a website when there are issues, but really you should have a browser that works without using Private/Incognito. All that Private/Incognito indicates is that you have an issue with your cookies and/or cache and you should resolve that issue, usually done by deleting ALL Rogers cookies and your cache and perhaps other items outlined in the following link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

4. The procedure for getting to your transactions is outlined in the link below: If you're using Incognito/Private, the transaction link may not work because it requires a cookie or link to MyRogers.  Login to MyRogers, open a second tab, use the bookmarked link procedure and all should be fine.  I just used it a few days ago.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Why-does-rogers-hate-pay-as-you-go/m-p/500973/hi...

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation