cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block calls on Rogers Landline

I've been around

Since Rogers will not respond to "how to block extorsion calls on my Rogers land line", i am requesting the community how to do this.

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to block calls on Rogers Landline

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Please explain what you mean by "extortion calls".  I have the following comments:

1. If you're talking about the usual scam calls that everyone gets, you could try the online manager, as discussed in the following link.  Unfortunately, the online manager, doesn't work well for most people and is mostly useless.

https://www.rogers.com/home-phone

2. Most cordless phones sold today have a feature to block calls from certain numbers, however, these scammers change the "call display" numbers often, so even when you add them to the "call block" feature, in the cordless phone, or in the online manager, that has almost no effect since they will just call again using a different number, so the call is not blocked.

3. What I do is have a distinctive ring for all the people in my cordless phone's directory, and if a call comes in that doesn't ring properly, then I simply ignore it.  If it's a serious call, they will usually leave a message. If not, then you've not wasted your time.

4. Rogers has a feature that labels many incoming calls as "Spam" or "Fraud", so you can probably ignore those.

Let us know if this has answered your question.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation