cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant short disconnects, freezing screen, sound stopped

DayPol
I plan to stick around

We had a good run, but now the trouble has started back up in our neighbourhood again! Multiple households experiencing this, so it means again the signal was allowed by main to drop below 32. It's very frustrating trying to watch anything on TV or trying to do work over the internet. Given the number of households that recently switched to Rogers with cables running through the trees until the underground lines are run, it's my guess this increase demand has affected the services to the houses in the neighbourhood. Where are the QC checks, there should be upper and lower control limits in place, and as soon as main allowed our signal strength to drop below 32 it should have been corrected. I hope it's resolved soon, we've had this issue for a few consecutive days now. Don't even attempt to participate in a Zoom meeting, your doomed! 

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Constant short disconnects, freezing screen, sound stopped

RogersJermaine

Hi @DayPol,

Dealing with an ongoing intermittent issue can be frustrating, and we do apologize to hear that you are not having the best experience with our services. If your neighbours are reporting similar issues, then we can certainly take a further look into your account and your area to provide you with some more information.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

RogersJermaine

Hi @DayPol,

Dealing with an ongoing intermittent issue can be frustrating, and we do apologize to hear that you are not having the best experience with our services. If your neighbours are reporting similar issues, then we can certainly take a further look into your account and your area to provide you with some more information.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

Vladimir1
I plan to stick around

I have had the same Ignite internet issues for the past three to four months. It is very frustrating and annoying especially while watching videos. No Rogers technicians' remedies have helped so far. I suspect that Rogers caps the data streaming either intentionally or not (e.g. equipment technical limitations) especially during rush hours and making buffering visible.

Good afternoon @Vladimir1!

As we discussed yesterday in PM, it appears that we've proactively recognized and escalated a maintenance ticket for issues in your area. Have you received any updates regarding your ticket as of yet?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Vladimir1
I plan to stick around

I did not receive any updates so far. I think the maintenance is still working on this issue.

Vladimir1
I plan to stick around

We have been experiencing the same Internet interruptions for the past three months. They affect negatively the Ignite internet, TV, and home phone services. We do not know for how long these problems will continue despite Rogers's promises to fix them.

Vladimir1
I plan to stick around

I had four technicians coming to my home. The most they could do was the modem replacement.

From their and my point of view is that the root of this issue lies in the network infrastructure... A maintenance team has been trying to fix it for the past few weeks. I was receiving several messages from the maintenance that this issue has been fixed. However, it is still there.

Recently I was able to measure the ping spikes... some results show 89ms and even 191ms (too bad!). 

Good morning @Vladimir1!

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Vladimir1
I plan to stick around

Good afternoon, RogersCorey. I am available now.

Vladimir

Greetings @Vladimir1, 😊

I see you've since had the opportunity to connect with us via PM, we'd love to continue there in the event that you still require assistance.

RogersJo

Vladimir1
I plan to stick around

Hi Jo. I will be available today at around 5 PM. Thanks.

MikeKO
I've been here awhile

We recently upgraded to ignite and it was working fine, but now we are encountering intermittent audio "hiccups" as noted here in this message chain and elsewhere during playback of recorded materials. Our ignite box is hard wired (cat-v) to the modem and there only one TV in our house.  Any ideas as to what I might do to correct this?

Thank

Mike  

Vladimir1
I plan to stick around

In response to Corey and Jo...

Yesterday I received an email from Rogers indicating that the maintenance teams are still working on this issue.

Also, at around midnight EST, I ran the test again with the PC and modem connected via cable. The test shows intermittent high latency (> 100ms) and jitter (>30ms) during downloads.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 002423.png

Hi @MikeKO,

Thank you for joining the conversation. That can be quite frustrating if you are having issues with the audio working intermittently.

Have you always had this issue with the current setup of the entertainment box connected to the gateway by an Ethernet cable?

Were there any recent changes made with the connection or setup inside the home?
Have you tried connecting a different Cat 5 cable or having the box connected via Wi-Fi to see if the issue persists?

Let us know some further details so that we can assist you further.

RogersJermaine

MikeKO
I've been here awhile

Jermaine,

Thanks for the quick response.  

Ours is a new ignite TV installation (early January - our old Nextbox 3 was malfunctioning). We are long term Rogers cable TV customers.

I installed the Ignite TV modem and cable box myself, without any real problems and everything was working fine, but recently we noticed a couple of problems

1) intermittently, audio will cut out for a few seconds while we are "playing back" recorded material.  This can happen 2-3 times during the playback of a hour program.

2) sometimes we are "bounced out of" the recorded program and are asked if we want to delete it. We respond "No - keep it" and then we can resume the playback like nothing ever happened,

I will try using another cat 5 cable and see if that does the trick.  We have only TV in the house, but a splitter was installed by Rogers many years ago.  I will also installed a coupler and remove the splitter from service to see if that helps.

thanks again 

stinkycheese
I've been here awhile

Join the club, I have been routinely getting high latency pings over 100ms for the past week. All support would do is "open a ticket" didn't even bother to run any diagnostics on their end even after I said I verified i=on my end by testing on multiple pc's and rebooting the system many times. 

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 in conversation