cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAILS GOING TO SPAM NOTIFICATION

rbuxbaum
I plan to stick around

Is there a way to get a Notification when an email is going & sitting in my Spam folder.  I don't check it every day and I missed an important email.

*Added Labels*

8 REPLIES 8

Re: EMAILS GOING TO SPAM NOTIFICATION

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't believe so. The main reason for a spam folder is to avoid e-mails, not to get more of them. 😉

I assume you're using Webmail on the Internet and not an e-mail client like the appropriate Outlook on a computer or say Mail app on a iPad or iPhone?  If properly configured (using IMAP), the spam will end up in your device' Junk folder with a bold number beside it indicating incoming emails that you can quickly check.

Since I'm also using POP for some of my e-mails, I check Webmail at least once a week for those emails, but I'm migrating more and more to IMAP (which reflects the folders online).  I use MS365 (which contains Outlook), on my Mac Mini computer and Mail on my iPad.  There are similar email clients (Thunderbird) and apps (Gmail) for PCs and Android devices.

I get spam on some of my Rogers e-mails, but I never get spam (or real e-mail that ends up in spam) on my Gmail address.

rbuxbaum
I plan to stick around

I was using Oulook (great program) for my email but I was having problem with email not sending and sitting in my Outbox so I contacted Rogers.  They said they don't support Outlook anymore and the I would have to switch to the Yahoo mail.  Yahoo mail is such a basic program.  I guess Rogers feels excited that one can change the background colour but they have not thought about putting an "UNDO BUTTON" in their email program.  In the Outlook program there would be a number beside the Spam folder box so I could see right away if there were any emails in there but Yahoo email has nothing.  It's so basic.  Any thoughts????  I miss my Outlook!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rbuxbaum : The latest subscription version of Outlook will work. You need to get MS365, which contains Outlook and pay $79/year for it.  The free web version will also work, but you'll have to put up with ads and I'm not aware what features it has.  Here's my summary on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/524346/highlight/true#M...

rbuxbaum
I plan to stick around

I even purchased MS365 and pay the annual fee so I could use Outlook.  I have my Rogers email set up on that Outlook as well as the Yahoo Mail.  I use the Outlook for searching, for my calendar and for my contacts however when I send an email through Outlook it sits in the Outbox and sits and sits.  So I gave up.  Everything from Yahoo syncs with Outlook so I do searches through Outlook but I can't seem to send.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You may wish to reset up Outlook from scratch.  It should work (assuming you're using it in "new" (default) and not legacy mode.

rbuxbaum
I plan to stick around

When I tried to set it up originally it asked for an App Password and that is what Rogers no longer supports.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The app PW is not required on the latest version of MS365 Outlook subscription version, assuming you're running in "new" and not "legacy/old" mode.

See: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/517930/highlight/true#M...

rbuxbaum
I plan to stick around
So I’m assuming the app password is no longer needed because I do have Outlook set up for my Rogers Email however many times when I use it to send an email the email sits in the Outbox and never sends. That is the biggest problem I have therefore I can’t seem to use outlook even though you are right I did set it up without the app password.
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation