cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High latency issues, tech support unable to resolve.

gisuck
I'm a reliable contributor

For close to 2 months now, I've been experiencing random periods of high latency. It comes and goes. Some days are worse than others. But when it happens, it can affect not only my internet but my Ignite TV as well.

I called several times to report the issue. Most of the times, I'm able to get an agent on the line where the issue is still happening. When I do, those agents are able to tell me that the issue isn't just affecting me, but when they ping modems in my neighbourhood, that they are able to see others are having the same problem that I'm seeing as well. When those tickets get escalated, a few days later I get a notification that the case got close and that they couldn't find any issues and to call support again.

I even went the social media route to post screenshots just to show the occasional behaviour of the issue and that I need escalations to look at the area over a period of time instead of just in that instance. They deployed a field tech to my house to replace my modem because that's all he could do. He has no tools to look at ping times and network traffic in the area. Just the ability to see cable modem signals in the area. He mentioned at that time that everything looked fine signal wise. I took the modem swap offer since he mentioned that the XB6 is no longer being deployed and the XB7 modem is the new standard. It also gave me an excuse to pull the trigger on upgrading to the 1.5gb package, so that was a nice convenience. 🙂

Except for a single instance, every time I've contacted support, all the agents had a clear understanding on what was happening and made it clear it wasn't just me and that they were going to escalate the case. All of them have been very pleasant to work with. I have no complaints when it comes to front line support. They've been amazing for this. But my case just never gets resolved in any meaningful event, resulting in recurring contacting of support to escalate a new case in seemingly an endless loop.

I'm at my wits end with this. Here's screenshot evidence of the occasional issue with my line, as these are graphs of pings that are towards the default gateway. How can I get someone to clearly look into the issue and to help detect the issue? Using regular support channels doesn't work for this. At least, not when I try.

1 day latency.png1 week latency.png

3 REPLIES 3

Re: High latency issues, tech support unable to resolve.

gisuck

I'm interested for someone from Rogers to comment on this.

Clearly front line support can identify this is a Rogers issues to correct, but I can get someone to contact me after the ticket has been escalated to discuss the issue further. Basically the ticket will get closed because at the time they check, the problem doesn't exist. Which isn't fair to me because the problem doesn't exist all the time for them to find the problem. Only during certain periods does this happen.

Is there some different process that can be followed for this issue?

Hello, @gisuck.

Thank you for being our Community member, and I appreciate your continued patience with the random latency. Isolating the root cause for the issues that occur randomly can be challenging. We can investigate this further for you. Kindly drop us a line in our private messaging box, @CommunityHelps. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

gisuck

Thanks Moin,

I've completed that task now.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation