cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping over the last few weeks

Grwebster
I plan to stick around

For the last couple of weeks, we have had issues with our connection.  It has been dropping for a few seconds to minutes.  Seems to happen around 9:00pm.  I am very capable technically so I logged into the router to check things out.  I could not retrieve the logs or use the wifi analyzer.  Tonight had to restart the modem.  No way to determine the issue without these tools.    Wifi is available, but no connection to Internet.  Any thoughts on how to resolve this ongoing issue?

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Internet dropping over the last few weeks

RogersCorey

Good morning @Grwebster!

I understand that an ongoing, intermittent connection like this can be frustrating and I apologize for the experience.

Have you noticed if the light pattern on the top of the modem changes when you lose connection? Does it start blinking or change colours? Please let us know as the light pattern can tell us a lot about what's going on here.

Did rebooting your modem restore your connection or did it remain as WiFi is available but there's no Internet connection after the reboot?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Grwebster
I plan to stick around

Still happening.  Usually I can’t get to the modem before it clears.  Why can’t the modem produce the logs?  It fails at that.

Hi @Grwebster,

Were you able to identify the LED pattern when you lose connection? Is this only occurring around 9:00 PM? During the daytime is everything working as normal with no interruptions? Once you reboot the gateway, does the connection return to normal without any issue?

If you can let us know some more information to help with this intermittent issue you are facing.

Thank you,

RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation