cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite Internet Fiber to Home

chris993
I've been here awhile

I'm currently subscribed to Rogers' 2.5 Gbps download and upload fibre-to-home plan, and I use the Rogers Gen 3 modem, which has one 2.5 Gbps port for the ONT connection and three 1 Gbps LAN ports. However, when I connect these 1 Gbps ports to my 2.5 Gbps switch, I'm limited to 1 Gbps speeds on these connections. Does Rogers offer a modem with at least two 2.5 Gbps ports to better utilize my switch and maximize my home network's bandwidth?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Ignite Internet Fiber to Home

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chris993 wrote:

Does Rogers offer a modem with at least two 2.5 Gbps ports to better utilize my switch and maximize my home network's bandwidth?

No, not yet.  However, later this year, Comcast will be releasing a Wi-Fi 7 router, the XER10, which is exactly what you are asking for.  Presumably, Rogers will eventually offer this to their FTTH customers as well.

Some customers have also just unplugged the Ignite Gateway and replaced it with their own multi-gig router.  This is not a Rogers-supported option but Rogers is also not stopping you from doing this either.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chris993 wrote:

Does Rogers offer a modem with at least two 2.5 Gbps ports to better utilize my switch and maximize my home network's bandwidth?

No, not yet.  However, later this year, Comcast will be releasing a Wi-Fi 7 router, the XER10, which is exactly what you are asking for.  Presumably, Rogers will eventually offer this to their FTTH customers as well.

Some customers have also just unplugged the Ignite Gateway and replaced it with their own multi-gig router.  This is not a Rogers-supported option but Rogers is also not stopping you from doing this either.

chris993
I've been here awhile

Thanks a lot, I will keep an eye on your thread about updates on this

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation