cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload limits (conventional cable)

Publisher1
I've been around

Fibre optic lines are being connected in our neighbourhood but at present we are using a conventional cable modem service provided by a third-party provider (using Rogers cable) for our internet service.

The challenge is I have an exceptional (one-time) requirement to upload a couple of very large files 150GB range.  We're transferring backup copies of key files from another third-party host to Google Cloud.  However, the transfers always stop after we reach close to 50GB.  Does Rogers impose upload limits and, if so, is there a way we can work around this problem or arrange a special exemption.  The goal is to disrupt network operations and it this sort of file transfer is a one-time only deal.

(Note when I contacted our host (Distributel), they advised there were serious line quality problems and they would invite Rogers to send a technician to sort this out.  However, I can't see why the line quality issues would cause the file uploads to cut off always as they approach 50GB).

1 REPLY 1

Re: Upload limits (conventional cable)

RogersJo

Greetings @Publisher1 👋

A warm welcome to the community and thank you for your post! We're sorry to hear about the uploading issues you're having. As your service is with Distributel, you would in fact have to connect with them with regards to your ongoing uploading issues. I'm confident they will be able to shed some light on this as we do not support their accounts.

Regards,

RogersJo 

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation