cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using HP M234dw Printer With Ethernet Connection to Ignite Modem

ostrich2
I've been here awhile

Does anyone have any experiences with getting HP printer working properly via direct ethernet connection to ignite modem?  I moved over to ignite internet on the weekend and my general internet connectivity seems to be fine,  but I can't seem to print to my printer,  plugging it in directly to the modem via ethernet cable.  This worked fine with the older cable modem. 

When I attempt to print (either just test page from Windows print interface) or via any application on my laptop,  I get a generic Windows error reporting the printer is in an error state.  However,  I can see the printer using the HP smart app from my laptop,  and it shows as in a ready state. 

The printer definitely seems to be on the network - if I print an information page from the printer console it gives me a IPv4 address,  if I type that in my browser I can successfully get the printer configuration pages,  it's definitely reachable.  The configuration also shows a valid looking IPv6 address that is shown as being set by DHCP. 

I'm wondering if there is some subtle configuration tweak that might be needed or is missing? 

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Using HP M234dw Printer With Ethernet Connection to Ignite Modem

RogersMoin

Hello, @ostrich2.

Thank you for being our Community member!

I appreciate your detailed post. I can help you troubleshoot your HP printer connected directly to the Ignite gateway modem via Ethernet. 

It's great that you can access the printer's configuration page using the IP address. Double-check that the IP address assigned to your printer should be a 10-dot IP. 

Connecting the printer to a different Ethernet port may also be helpful. You can use any of the first three ports on the modem. 

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter for printing issues. Try running the troubleshooter to see if it can identify the problem and suggest a fix.

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Using HP M234dw Printer With Ethernet Connection to Ignite Modem

RogersMoin

Hello, @ostrich2.

Thank you for being our Community member!

I appreciate your detailed post. I can help you troubleshoot your HP printer connected directly to the Ignite gateway modem via Ethernet. 

It's great that you can access the printer's configuration page using the IP address. Double-check that the IP address assigned to your printer should be a 10-dot IP. 

Connecting the printer to a different Ethernet port may also be helpful. You can use any of the first three ports on the modem. 

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter for printing issues. Try running the troubleshooter to see if it can identify the problem and suggest a fix.

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation