cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XB6 bridged, unable to access WiFi router 192.168.0.1 from PC.

dbs_180
I've been here awhile

Just connected my TP-Link AX3000 Router to my XB6. Gateway is now in bridged mode. My SSID's are broadcasting from router and work, and I can access the router settings (192.168.0.1) from my wireless devices. Unfortunately, I can't access my router (192.168.0.1) from my PC. Could this be a firewall issue? I've resetted both XB6 and router, and the router has been factory reset. Thanks.

*** Edited labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: XB6 bridged, unable to access WiFi router 192.168.0.1 from PC.

icedroit
I plan to stick around

You won't be able to access the modem's config at 192.168.0.1 when it's in bridge mode because that's it's LAN IP when it's also acting as a router. Try the bridge mode IP of http://10.0.0.1/

But I don't see a reason why you'd need to access the modem's configuration when it's in bridge mode and you have your own perfectly capable wifi router already attached to it. There's nothing really to configure/change on the modem when it is in bridge mode; you'd do your network configuration on your connected tplink router so go to it's IP address. See this link on how to find your TPlink router's IP address for management: How to find your TP-Link Router’s IP address

dbs_180
I've been here awhile

I think you have it mixed up, I'm talking about trying to access the WiFi router (default 192.168.0.1) via my PC. I can access my XB6 modem (10.0.0.1) no issue via PC, either in bridged or not. But I can only access the WiFi router via connected devices, not through PC. Perhaps this isn't even a real issue?

icedroit
I plan to stick around

Oh ok. Then your WiFi router may be conflicting with the modem's IP or some other issue.

Do this to the router:

1. disconnect the WAN cable so that it's not connected to the modem.

2. try finding it's IP And accessing it (use the link I sent earlier for instructions)

3. if it doesn't work then reset the router (the reset button on the box) and try accessing it while NOT connected to the modem. 

4. Change the LAN address range for your router to something like 192.168.2.1 as then the router won't be conflicting with the modem in any way in case there is any "shared" IP or some conflict.

Obviously, while trying to access the router, make sure you are actually connected to the router's network (i.e. it is easy to forget and try connecting to it while your computer's LAN cable is connected directly to the modem and not the router therefore not being able to access the router.)

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation