cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up a hotspot with my tablet?

chinook1
I plan to stick around

Can't find my old message,so I have a mobile chip in the tablet.My question is am I able to link my tablet to a laptop to be on mobile internet.One can link a cell phone to laptop,but a tablet to laptop.I tried plugging them together,but all that did was use up the battery,dead in one hour.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How do I set up a hotspot with my tablet?

RogersCorey

Greetings @chinook1!

Without knowing what kind of tablet you're using, I'll have to provide instructions for both Apple and Android tablets.

To share your connection from an iPad, follow these instructions: How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (CA)

To share your connection from an Android tablet, follow these instructions: Share a mobile connection by hotspot or tethering on Android - Android Help (google.com)

When tethering or using your tablet as a hotspot, it is recommended that you have that tablet plugged into a charger.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

RogersCorey

chinook1
I plan to stick around

It is a tablet that Rogers gave us with our new cell phones.

chinook1
I plan to stick around

On the cell phone tethering button shows up ,but not on the tablet,that is why I tried plugging them together,USB,but that did not work.You are right to to have it plugged into a charger as the battery is done in an hour.

@chinook1, thank you for keeping us posted. If you've already tried all the steps recommended by RogersCorey we'll have to explore other troubleshooting options. Can you please confirm if the SIM card in the tablet is active? Is it currently on a plan? 

RogersZia

chinook1
I plan to stick around

Yes,the tablet in active,I have used it many times online.I am going to give it another try as it could just be me not doing things right.Maybe I am not able to connect using the charging cord like with a cell phone.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation