cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO 5G in Winnipeg. What a you doing?

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

Hello. Explain. why is your rodgers not working on 5g in winnipeg? The Polish SIM card works.

IMG_20240421_234453.jpgIMG_20240421_234108.jpgIMG_20240421_234025.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-21-23-33-14-53_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-21-23-31-01-63_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: NO 5G in Winnipeg. What a you doing?

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Are you sure it isn't just your device not having the right band(s) for Rogers 5G in Winnipeg? What device and model number are you using?

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

LordDrakkon
Are you sure it isn't just your device not having the right band(s) for Rogers 5G in Winnipeg? What device and model number are you using?

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

yes I'm sure, I know my phone supports 5G. OnePlus Nord 3.Screenshot_2024-04-22-07-05-07-81_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-22-07-04-00-46_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

I rearranged SIM cards.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wow so your telling us with the Rogers SIM card inserted, the menu to select 5G auto band is completely gone? but when you put the Polish SIM Card, it shows as per the screen shots?

I also see your plan has 5G capable,  maybe its the sim card which is not 5G supported but to get the proper answer, call rogers customer service and troubleshoot.

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

here is the answerIMG20240423002322.jpg

LordDrakkon
You didn't provide the model number but looking at the GSM Arena site. Your device might be missing what is deployed by Rogers in Winnipeg.
https://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_nord_3-12135.php

These OPPO company (owners of OnePlus) value devices are also mostly focused on the Asia and India markets and their support reflects that. Being a value device, SIM1 might have access to more bands than SIM2. This is simply a cost effective plantation of dual-SIM for some value devices.

My OnePlus 8T+ 5G that I purchased from T-Mobile USA works perfectly on Rogers, including 5G, but that device is specifically targeted at the North American market with the bands available for 5G service.

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

CPH2493. The phone has 5G.. So. I use Rogers in SIM1.

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

https://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_nord_3-12135.php

Everything is listed on your website.IMG_20240423_083842.jpg

LordDrakkon
No band 71, which is commonly deployed for starters. You are ignoring the bands and just paying attention to the marketing. Not every 5G phone works on every 5G network. Those numbersean something. They are the bands they can pick up 5G on. If Rogers has 5G deployed on band 71 as an example. Your device will not be able to access 5G because your device does not support band 71. That devices is not fully compatible for 5G on any Canadian carrier and even less compatible for US carriers.

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

So in Canada, Rogers uses 71 band for 5G? Yes?

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT? 71 band work at 600 MHz. But my OnePlus Nord 3 has: N66 1700/2100MHz, N41 2500MHz, N78 3500MHz. , this is information from your site https://www.rogers.com/support/mobility/bring-your-own-device

IMG_20240423_204851.jpgIMG_20240423_204954.jpgIMG_20240423_211148.jpg

(link removed)

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

Maybe you just don’t understand or haven’t figured it out ?   Why then does the SIM card not work on other bands that Rogers provides? This is information from your site https://www.rogers.com/support/mobility/bring-your-own-device

LordDrakkon
I understand it more than you seem to. All bands are not deployed everywhere. In certain markets, carriers might not have the license for a specific spectrum to use or environmental conditions, like a city, would better benefit from a lower spectrum deployment, like 600MHz instead of something much higher that would require a lot more sites and infrastructure to deploy.

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

say it easier. Rogers writes one thing on paper, but in reality another. 5G only at 600 MHz. A band 66; 41; 78 only on paper.

In my area Rogers has 5G on all the bands. But i feel in your area most common 5G waves would be on 600Mhz. Your phone doesn't support that. I don't feel your phone would support Telus or Bell atleast. You will get 5G in some areas with all Rogers,Bell and Telus. But it will not be a flawless experience.

LordDrakkon
Each tower has a limited number if transmitters. It us incredibly rare for a tower to have every band the carrier supports on a single tower. A little more likely the area is just a mess of whatever they could mesh between the spectrum they have for that area. Different areas have different conditions that can work better with lower, mid, or mmWave. The SkyDone has mmWave even though Rogers does not have a single mmWave compatible device sold by them. Deployment of multiple bands for overlapping coverage is incredibly expensive.

Telus is mostly band/n66, which sucks in the cities. They are finally starting to diversify their network though. Telus is the must unfriendly Canadian carrier for BYODevices though, so WiFi Calling, VoLTE, VoNR, and doing will not provision on what they dub as "grey market" devices, which is anything not sold by Telus or purchased from another Canadian carrier.

Bell might be a slight better option for the OPPO device, especially over Telus. 5G isn't everything though. LTE is still pretty fast. You will pay more with Bell and Telus so there are many factors when choosing your service.

Yes Telus is a mess.I have my own experience.Their LTE and 5G both sucks. But when comes to this particular problem, it is so area specific and it's best to buy a phone that is supported in North American market.

VolodymyrIsh
I plan to stick around

Ok. I understand you. 👋😀

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation