cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers' continuing to charge after services cancelled.

Avrgrl
I've been around

I was originally a shaw customer who was forced to switch to rogers due to the merger. I had nothing but issues with rogers billing and customer service so in January of this year I switched to a new service provider, ported my phone number and was done with rogers. Or so I thought, i've switched service providers in the past and I've never had to contact the old provider to cancel my services, they have always been automatically cancelled when there is no longer a connected phone number. I also received an email from rogers that mentioned me cancelling my service. Apparently though, I was still being charged until April of this year and didn't notice until I received notification that they were going to send my overdue balance to collections. I tried to contact them but no matter what phone number i contacted I could not get through to an agent, all I could get was an automated voice telling me I had to pay my overdue balance. I contacted multiple different agents via the online chat function and all they could tell me was that there was no evidence that my account had been cancelled in january and that there was nothing they could do. One agent even told me to try contacting them from a different phone number which indicates to me that they block you from contacting them if you have an overdue balance which is completely unacceptable. I don't have another phone to contact them from so I was forced to pay over $300 as they sent me multiple notices that the balance would be sent to collections and I don't want it affecting my credit, so I was basically forced to pay for services that I never used or received, they somehow had no indication that there literally isn't a phone number attached to my account and then told me that there's nothing they could do and made it impossible for me to escalate the situation. I'm unbelievably frustrated with roger's as a company, I have never had a business charge me so much for their own mistakes and then do absolutely nothing to fix it. I need to know if there's some way for me to go about getting back the money that rogers essentially scammed me out of, I absolutely could not afford that $300. This is wildly unacceptable to me, especially for such a big company.

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Rogers' continuing to charge after services cancelled.

RogersZia

Good evening @Avrgrl,

Welcome to the Community!

It's really disappointing to read about your experience. Typically billing does stop once a cellular line is ported out. How soon after the account was set up did you port out? Was there already an account balance or past due balance by the time you did so?

I completely understand financial challenges too and appreciate the payment you made. Would love to review your account and see if we're able to sort the billing out for you. Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you. Click here to get started. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation