cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 5G Mobile Data

rob78
I've been around

Hi.

I’m new to Rogers. Just switched today from Fido. I did a speed test before and after switching my SIM card and the results were pretty much the same, despite having a new 5G SIM card. I live in the Ottawa area, 5G is displayed on the phone. I power cycle the phone and nothing. Checked phone settings and it’s set to 5G.

Also, I’ve only had the plan activated for 2 hours and the app claims I’ve already used 1.9gb. I never used that much data in a month with Fido let alone two hours.

If anyone can help, that would be appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Slow 5G Mobile Data

RogersJermaine

Hi @rob78,

Thank you for joining us here on the Rogers Community Forums, and we appreciate your first post.

Have you run a speed test on the device to see what speeds you are receiving while connected to the network? If you can and let us know, that would help to determine if there is an issue. 

You can also check your network status in the MyRogers app. Once signed in, go to the Support Tab, click on Network Aid, and then check status. If there are any network issues detected, it will advise you, or you can report any new issues there.

With slow speeds over wireless, please bear in mind that there are many factors that can impact download speeds, such as the distance from cell towers, any obstruction that can be blocking the signal, as well as the amount of traffic on the network during different times of the day. 

One thing to note as well, depending on your plan, is that once you have used up the high-speed data included, your speeds will be reduced to up to 512 kbps. 

Regards,

RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation