cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking to a Customer Service Rep

fiona59
I plan to stick around

So, how do you find a living, talking, customer service rep at #611?

I tried everything.  There is no number to press to get a human.   There is no online support unless you get the work around to work.

I was told things along the way by the recordings that made no sense whatsoever.

I've been given three different prices for talk by the minute and informed of data packages that I didn't know exist.

Anyone got any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Talking to a Customer Service Rep

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You may talk to an agent using the following instructions.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Pay-as-you-go-improper-data-charges/m-p/440166/h...

Please note that you must be patient at each step of the process and wait for all the options to finish before pressing the appropriate option number.  At the end of the options you will be given the option to "go back" (by pressing 9), but if you wait a few seconds after that final step, you will be presented with the option to press 1 to talk to an agent. I just tried it and it worked.

Again, please be patient, wait for all the steps to end and wait at the end to press 1 to talk to an agent.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
@fiona59 wrote:

So, how do you find a living, talking, customer service rep at #611?

Please note that it is not #611, but rather *611.  I just tried it using my PAYGo/Prepaid iPhone SE2020 and got through to the PAYGo/Prepaid customer service line.  I will repeat again - be patient and wait for the options to end before dialing the appropriate option.  If you're impatient and don't wait, you won't get the option 1 to talk to an agent.

When I tried using *611 from my landline, I did not get through to the PAYGo/Prepaid customer service, rather I heard something about distinctive ring/call waiting being off.

fiona59
I plan to stick around

Thank you for mansplaining it twice to little old me.

I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Basically after four attempts, it finally worked, after waiting to to talk for "emergency/urgent" help.   

It shouldn't be that difficult.

Also much of the information regarding rates that is provided on 611 is no longer valid and hasn't been updated per the agent I spoke with.

Rogers, you really need to get your act together.   Either kill pay as you go, refund our balances or offer similar $15/month plans that your offshoot carriers provide.  

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor

Prepaid/PAYG services are non-refundable so that won't ever happen.  

Not too sure what you mean by "emergency/urgent help" but 911 service should work whether the device has a SIM in it or not.  The only exception is when the provider blocks access to it, which should be illegal.  

Prepaid customer care for any service has always been very hit or miss.  

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers Pay As You Go, which is now simply called Rogers Prepaid, was never easy to reach a live agent, however there have been very clear instructions posted on here and other discussion forms which explain the exact steps needed to reach an agent.  When I was much younger, I used to have a Rogers Prepaid line (back then it was called Pay As  You Go) and It was pretty straight forward to be able to speak to a live agent.   I guess things have changed with Pay As You go over the years to make it less desirable compared to a Post Paid cellular plan from Rogers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pauly wrote:

....I guess things have changed with Pay As You go over the years to make it less desirable compared to a Post Paid cellular plan from Rogers.

You are correct that there have been some changes to PAYGo/Prepaid, however, the instructions for reaching an agent by phone have not changed in the 14 years since I became a PAYGo/Prepaid customer.  The Option 4-4-1 has always worked.  There may have been a slightly different instruction inserted into the mix like a French option or the 9 to go back option at the end.  Reaching an agent takes no time at all. I have never needed to wait more than a few seconds to talk to a CSR after pressing 1.

What has changed is there is no longer an option on the web to do anything like renew credit cards, etc.  Luckily the workaround to see my transactions/balance still works for me.  

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Why-does-rogers-hate-pay-as-you-go/m-p/500973/hi...

I call a CSR every 3 months to get my spam charges reversed, which they happily do,  and once every two years to suspend payments for a year if I have a high balance.  I'm still on the original grandfathered "Anytime" plan.

PAYGo/Prepaid customers probably now represent less than 10% of their mobile customers and probably only 1-2% of mobile revenue....

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I used their prepaid service as early as 1999/2000 when rogers formally registered the trademark "Pay As You Go".  The steps to reach an agent were very different (and really easy) in their early years than it was 14 years ago when those steps were documented in online discussion forums.

The steps are still very clear, it is just people need to be patient and listen to the instructions fully when attempting to speak to a Rogers Wireless Prepaid Agent. (Formerly known as a Rogers Pay As You Go Agent)

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation