cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Ready!

RogersJo

Hey Pride Community! 

With Pride Celebrations right around the corner, we're super excited to celebrate! 🎉

Pride is a time that brings us together. Feel free to take the time out to show us your family friendly photo's of your unforgetable Pride moments, and what that looks like for you! We'd love to hear about why showing Pride is important to you. Share away! 

Yours in Community, 

RogersJo

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Get Ready!

RogersYasmine

I think Pride is about being proud and unapologetically yourself!! We all have beautiful pieces of us to share. Let's embrace our differences and make this world a better place to be!! ❤❤❤

RogersJo

Hey Community!

What started off as a riot led by a queer black transgender woman named Marsha P.Johnson and Sylvia Rivera who was a gay transgender Latina activist, Pride is so much more than an annual celebration or rainbow-themed parties. For me, it's a way of proclaiming to myself that I too, deserve to take up space on this planet, just as I am. 

Pride for me, is knowing that it's okay to be myself even if I don't see the validation in that. A sense of family, community of others who have struggled just like me, to embrace who they are authentically and the strength to own my identity. 

As I myself have felt restricted by social norms, traditions, and others expectations of me, It takes a lot of courage to show up in the world, mask off and be unapologetically yourself. It requires a tremendous amount of vulnerability to speak and live in your truth. 

What does Pride mean to you? Feel free to share or comment below! 

Yours in Community, 

RogersJo 

derek
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Pride, to me, is a vibrant celebration of love, identity and acceptance. It's the freedom to always be my authentic self, without fear or apology. It's standing strong with my community, feeling the weight of our shared history and the resilience it's forged. It's a reminder of the battles fought, victories won and those yet to conquer. Above all, it's the affirmation that I am seen, valued and loved for who I truly am. That's the essence of Pride for me. 🏳️‍🌈

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 3 in conversation