cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of this scam

justme54
I've been around

I’m a Rogers customer and while using one of the apps on my phone a window popped up on my screen with an official looking message claiming it was from Rogers with their logo and name saying that I had been chosen as one of 100 users to be rewarded with one of several impressive gifts. I only had to answer 9 questions to help Rogers improve their service. After completing the survey I was allowed to choose my gift so I chose the $500 gift card from a well-known company. The next page said I had to pay $1.00 and I was to type in my email address and password. That's when I realized this was a scam and did not give them any info. I'm sure the next step would be my credit card information to make the $1.00 payment. That's when I called Rogers to verify that this offer was not really from their reward program. I spoke with an agent in the Wireless Tech Department in Toronto and he was very helpful and assured me that it was definitely a scam and not from Rogers even though they used the exact logo and name and everything looked legitimate.
I texted the info to the number the agent gave me. This offer looked very real and I’m sure many people are taken in by it. Hope this helps some innocent person from falling prey to another scam. They're getting too good at their game! Pass this on and let’s stop these crooks!

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Beware of this scam

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thank you for being digilant and having second thoughts about the offer. Yes these scammers are getting very creative and convincing.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation