cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Spam filter, no reporting ability .... nothing to worry about.

UserNameorEmail
I'm here a lot

Repeated text spams/scams not picked up by Rogers but I also can't report them in the last 2 weeks or so.
I guess the Spam department is on lunch break.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 002850.png

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No Spam filter, no reporting ability .... nothing to worry about.

UserNameorEmail
I'm here a lot

Or this I just got.

Screenshot_20240416-003556_Messages.png

Hello, @UserNameorEmail.

Thank you for being our Community member and raising awareness of smishing attempts. To protect you from SMS spam, we use scanning software to constantly hunt for, identify, and filter out unwanted messages before they get to your device.

Should a spam message still get through, you can report it to 7726 (SPAM). I understand you couldn't report them. Your device may have already detected those spam texts and moved them over to the Spam & blocked folder. To forward those texts to 7726, you need to unspam them and forward them. 

However, you can continue using the Smart Call feature on your device, which identifies and filters out spam texts. 

Remember that only message content is considered for blocking, not the sender's telephone number, as they often change.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

UserNameorEmail
I'm here a lot

Thanks, 
I do remember when Spam detection showed me the text was a spam and it filtered it, but I just noticed that the ID and Spam detection is turned off right now. So I learned that, but still no forwarding.
I checked the blocked numbers but since it is forwarding from me to 7726, it should have nothing to do with  the number it came from. 
The fails came from the short text spam, now I tried the other spam text forwarding but no joy.
I did forward a picture to a friend so the MMS seem to be working.
Screenshot_20240418-162654_Messages.png

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation