cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts from 4802

horazio
I've been here awhile

I'm getting constantly texts from this # in the last 5 days. I used all of the options - delete, lock, reject, on the menu & they keep popping up early in the morning.

Is there a solution, it's very annoying?

**Added Labels**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Texts from 4802

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
ShortCodes aren't always the easiest to look up. I could not find any information on 4802 being an active short code so it is more than likely being spoofed by a spammer or scammer.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have never seen a spam message come from a short code,  companies and organizations have to register into a service to get the ability to use a short code to send messages, i do not think spammers will go as far as doing that,  its likely a legit message, you probably should not block it, there are rules for short codes how to unsubscribe or discontinue your membership with them, you might want read the message as it might tell you which company is sending you this message and you should be able to unsubscribe

horazio
I've been here awhile

I'm pretty certain it's fraudulent 'cause when I replied to it it said 'it's not a valid code'. It'd stopped for about 3 weeks & resumed again this week. I wasn't even able to retrieve it. It disturbs me greatly

There's a way to block it?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So what DOES the message actually say? 

horazio
I've been here awhile

It can never be retrieved for 5 or more mins. Then I delete it.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation