cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home monitoring & CO detector

dalziel66
I plan to stick around

We have Rogers Home monitoring. We have a centrally monitored smoke detector and carbon monoxide (CO) detector. Our bill lists the centrally monitored smoke detector & CO detector as specific line items. The CO detector started beeping even after the batteries were replaced. As well we were receiving error messages through out monitoring touch screen. Upon examination we determined that it had reached end of life.

We contacted Rogers and were told the CO detector was not available. When I asked them to deduct a few dollars from my monthly bill since they are no longer monitoring the CO detector, I was told they couldn't do that, but tried to sell me a new, more expensive home monitoring package because I had an "older package." I had to go through support to remove the CO monitor from my touch pad to eliminate the annoying error messages.

Has anyone experienced this issue with CO monitors? Will Rogers be providing them again in the future?

This is related to another issue. I am always worried/scared to contact Rogers. Though pricy, I generally like the packages I have right now. I am worried when I contact Rogers I will be told that I have an old package that will no longer be honoured and I will be "upgraded" to a more expensive package with less benefit.

Thoughts?

*Added Labels*

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Home monitoring & CO detector

RogersTony

Hello, @dalziel66 

Thank you for posting your question to the community!

It is disappointing to hear about the issues you are having with your CO sensor. Regrettably, we are no longer carrying the CO sensors. 

I can understand your apprehension with reaching out to our support teams to talk about your billing. We would not make any changes to your packages without your permission so you have nothing to fear when reaching out to us to discuss your services. 

RogersTony

We have been a very long time customer of Rogers. Our carbon monoxide detector just stopped working and we are told there is no replacement. They told us to buy a 3rd party detector at Home Depot. How is that legal? I contracted with Rogers for a service. I paid for the service and now they are not honouring this contract. They offered no discount. Nothing.

Hello, @Since1999 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how frustrating it is to have your Carbon Monoxide sensor fail. Regrettably, we no longer carry the CO sensors so it is not possible for us to replace the sensor for you.

Purchasing a third party sensor would be the only option, at this time. If you are subscribing to an older Home Monitoring package we can take a look to see if there are any options to save on your monthly bill by changing to a newer package.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and take a closer look at this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

dalziel66
I plan to stick around

Yeah, no. The person I was talking to with customer services was trying to sell me a more costly package with less benefit. I asked repeatedly to speak to a manager, but the rep would not connect me. Instead they said someone would contact me in 2 business days. 8 business days later someone left a message.

Rogers doesn't seem to want to keep its long time customers. When I mention to people I am with Rogers, they always ask me why. Honestly, I am beginning to wonder too.

ibhatti1
I've been around

Just get a Nest Protect smoke and CO alarm and it will test itself at regular intervals.

dalziel66
I plan to stick around

Same situation as ours. They tried to sell me an inferior package for more money.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I ended up with a regular smoke  and CO detector that they sell at home depo and lowes.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation