cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBC News Network: Audio/Video out of sync

oho
I've been here awhile

For the past week or so, I've noticed the CBC News Network (Ch. 26 and 544 for me) has been out of sync. The video lags significantly behind the audio. 

It only affects this channel and only the actual broadcast (i.e., the commercials are not out of sync). It seems to be like this all day, every day. My TV connects via a NextBox.

Is this an issue at my end, and if so, is there anything I can do to fix it?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CBC News Network: Audio/Video out of sync

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

CBC and its affiliates broadcast DD5.1 all the time, even when the original programme is DD2.0.  As you say, commercials are usually fine.  This may cause issues with some TVs.  In the audio settings for the Nextbox there should be an option for "other" or "stereo". Use that instead of DD and the issue should go away.  Also, reboot the box.

Edit - I just checked CBCNN (Ch 26 in Toronto) and it was fine on my wife's TV.  (I use an AVR on our main home theatre TV, so I didn't check there, but I never notice issues with my AVR audio)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

CBC and its affiliates broadcast DD5.1 all the time, even when the original programme is DD2.0.  As you say, commercials are usually fine.  This may cause issues with some TVs.  In the audio settings for the Nextbox there should be an option for "other" or "stereo". Use that instead of DD and the issue should go away.  Also, reboot the box.

Edit - I just checked CBCNN (Ch 26 in Toronto) and it was fine on my wife's TV.  (I use an AVR on our main home theatre TV, so I didn't check there, but I never notice issues with my AVR audio)

oho
I've been here awhile

Yup, that worked--thanks!

Flavour1
I plan to stick around

We usually either change channels then go back to the channel with the problem or what works all the time turn ever off wait 30 seconds turn everything back on, go back to the channel with the out of sync issue, works everytime

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation