cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zombies! Get Your Zombies Here!

RogersCorey

Halloween fast approaches and shambling in it's wake is a legion of undead, closing in to seal your doom! Today I bring to you a choice of some obscure zombie media that you may have missed. A forewarning! These films are not for children.

Pontypool: A local story that takes place in Pontypool, Ontario of a different kind of zombie outbreak that nobody could ever be prepared for. 

A radio host, played by the compelling Stephen McHattie, attempts to stay on the air to keep anyone still listening informed as his small town falls into chaos and a winter storm rolls in that keeps him trapped at the radio station. 

I can't go too far into detail without ruining why this movie is different than any other zombie movie. I saw it in theatres in 2012 and have been recommending it ever since. You just have to watch it! The twist at the end will blow your mind and leave you questioning what happened for years to come.

RogersCorey_4-1698251959634.jpeg

Available on Amazon Prime!

The Battery: A tale of two brothers, Ben and Mickey, navigating their way through the zombie apocalypse together. Ben seems to have accepted the world as it is while Mickey holds onto hope for a return to normalcy. Ben wants to keep moving while Mickey desperately wants to find a place to settle down in safety. Their relationship is strained by this contention and is the primary focus of the film. The only coping mechanism keeping Mickey from completely falling apart is his portable CD player and a limited supply of batteries in a world that no longer makes batteries...

This surreal tale of survival has a fantastic folksy soundtrack that you experience directly through Mickey's ears and will stick with you long after the credits have rolled.

RogersCorey_3-1698251921344.jpeg

Available for free through the Xumo app, just hold up your and say "The Battery On Demand"!

Kingdom: A TV show period piece set in Korea's Joseon Dynasty, three years after the Imjin War. The story follows the Crown Prince Lee Chang and his friends who discover a plague that brings the dead back to life. 

However, due to a political conspiracy that seeks to usurp the throne, he is unable to unite his people against the coming plague that threatens to destroy his people and his country. Now he must fight the dead and the traitors if there is any hope for survival.

I loved the costume work in this show.

There is two seasons and a movie called Kingdom: Ashin of the North. If you're looking for something truly different, 17th century warfare against the undead makes for exciting TV. 

RogersCorey_16-1698252514910.jpeg

Available on Netflix!

BONUS ROUND!

What We Do In The Shadows: Don't like zombies? Easily scared but still looking for a spooky good time this Halloween season?

A mockumentary style show like The Office except it's about the daily life of a group of vampires that live together. It is fall down on the floor funny. I've had to pause this show numerous times to stop laughing because I'd miss the rest of it otherwise.

I honestly can't recommend it enough. I can't believe I slept on this one!

RogersCorey_17-1698252709521.jpeg

Available on Disney+!

0 REPLIES 0
Topic Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 in conversation