cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five lines of Shaw 1GB to Rogers - no way to prevent overages!

Jetathors
I've been around

I have recently learned that I cannot stop data use after 1GB. When I was with Shaw the data would stop automatically once limit reached. Now it just rolls into $10/GB with no way to throttle or stop. 

I know that they can do this as other plans allow for this, but not this Shaw migrated plan.

Seems like a scam to milk ex Shaw users of as much revenue as possible for these "free" plans.

I know that we can micromanage ourselves with apps, but not prevent it on iPhone.

I hope someone from Rogers can correct me if I am wrong as this policy is wrong.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Five lines of Shaw 1GB to Rogers - no way to prevent overages!

RogersZia

Good evening @Jetathors,

Welcome to the Community!

You've definitely come to the right place. Have you tried to set up data limits on each line via the MyRogers App? I realize you cannot completely limit data on an iPhone but you can turn on the Low Data Mode to help reduce cellular data usage. You can do so under  Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Options >> Low Data Mode.

I can also review your account and priceplan to confirm overage parameters for you. If you would like us to do so, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps.

RogersZia

Re: Five lines of Shaw 1GB to Rogers - no way to prevent overages!

cabernethy
I've been around

We are the same! It is absolutely criminal to do this with no warning. I've just discovered I have been billed consistently since the switch! I had no idea why I was being charged. Should be something we opt into, not the other way around.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation