cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Shaw Mobile to Rogers Mobile

bunnnyrabit
I plan to stick around

I am new to Rogers and after 7 days of talking with 8-9 people I am baffled and shocked by  Rogers.  Like others reporting here, what we agreed to on the phone was followed up by an agreement that reflected nothing that we discussed.  It appears that frontline staff are trying to  follow terms laid out here https://support.shaw.ca/t5/mobile-articles/shaw-mobile-brand-sunset-faq/ta-p/58806, and then writing notes on the file to get discounts to force the Shaw plan we were on into Rogers' plans.  Rogers was unable to get its technology to work for wifi calling and tried to up-sell us to a Rogers phone.

I spoke to managers. One bullied us until were were quite upset and refused to listen,  and another claimed Rogers was an independent company with its own plans and conditions, and Rogers is under no obligation to offer Shaw customers plans similar to those they  had with Shaw. She went on to say if we don't like the conditions go elsewhere.  So the deal on the Shaw site seems to no longer apply.

**Labels Added**

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Migration from Shaw Mobile to Rogers Mobile

Good day @mmmccurrie,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for bringing this up to our attention.

We've updated the link in the post in question and you should now have access to the helpful article regarding the migration of your Shaw mobile services to Rogers Communications.

Please don't hesitate to post a revised message if you have any questions or if you require further assistance!

RogersMaude

t_smith
I plan to stick around

Also, I would check your first bill that Rogers sent you. In my case they tried billing me for the month before I migrated over to Rogers, which I paid already with Shaw. They are doubling charging customers, and I bet many aren’t noticing it. 

lbwong88
I've been here awhile

I have finally finished migration however I have a point to be made. 

If you have a zero dollar plan, you should be eligible to upgrade to one of the 27BYOD plan Shaw had offered before the merger. The language and spirit of the contract seems to imply that. The minimum Rogers seems to offer for the plans is $100 per month which is very confusing. I have approached Rogers through their channels but Ravi was passionate in telling me Rogers isn't Shaw.

As my need change, I may have to increase or reduce my plan as required. Is that not what statement #5 is interpreted to be?

"

5. In addition, Rogers agrees to honour the Shaw Mobile Pricing Commitment by offering wireless plans to Shaw Mobile customers as at the Closing Date with the same terms and conditions (including eligibility) as the current Shaw Mobile plans for five years following the Closing Date. Rogers also agrees to include the Shaw Mobile Pricing Commitment in its terms of service with all Shaw Mobile customers as at the Closing Date."

Hmm
I'm an enthusiast

Your post is rather perplexing and very difficult to read. It contains inaccuracies.

To begin with, the migration process concluded back in October. Failure to take action when notified could result in severe consequences, such as losing your mobile phone number for Shaw customers.

Another misleading aspect pertains to the duration during which Rogers will honor the terms of no price increases. It's not for five years. The plan with special credits expires on April 3, 2028. Customers should anticipate a sneaky reminder discreetly tucked into their statement a month before this date. Subsequently, the shock sets in, and the plan will exceed $75.

Migrated customers from Shaw can't really do much to change their plan. That's basically the gust of it. If you don't like the $0 plan, switch to another Rogers plan or provider.

lbwong88
I've been here awhile

Hmm there is no requirement to start off a forum with a weak attempt to insult someone. If you feel that I am wrong, I understand.

When we have a discussion it should be with a certain goodness. We are merely users of a system. The spirit of the merger agreement was to preserve competition. That was the concern that delayed the merger from occurring.

Yes I was a class B shareholder of Shaw. From my perspective I did benefit from the acquisition.

However this merger called “better together” has errored competition and choice for Canadians. I am surprised at the passion that you have attempted to attack me for pointing out a concern.

Unless you are a significant shareholder of Rogers, why are you so passionate in ensuring Canadians have less choice and competition?? It appears that you merely work for Rogers and are just pasting terms from an internal playbook.

The understood terms are that the plans would be preserved for 5 years post merger. In the language that was made public it suggests even the ability for Shaw customers to choose between the available plans that were present. There is 100 million that is in escrow because of this concern.

Would you be as kind as to provide something constructive or positive?

--------------------------------------------

https://ised-isde.canada.ca/site/mobile-plans/en/undertakings-rogers-communications-inc-related-its-...

Please review point #5; although you have intimate knowledge on how Rogers executes the plans, the language points to "Shaw Mobile Pricing Commitment."

Hmm
I'm an enthusiast

@lbwong88 

Dude, you need to break free from overthinking and shift your mindset. Trust me, as you grow older, life will only become more frustrating if you don't.

Let's face it, the Rogers merger has left very few of us satisfied. It's about time we all took action and wrote to our Member of Parliament, just like many others have already done. But this is Canada. The land of privileged and the mantra of "suck-it-up" buttercup.

Millertime250
I've been here awhile
I migrated from shaw mobile to rogers mobile and was offered a really good plan 27 gb unlimited canada and usa talk txt anddata for 25$ a month samw price as my shaw plan but they also included usa ! Which i am really happy about as rogers network is way more reliable then shaws as i was getting many dropped calls with shaw mobile

Millertime250
I've been here awhile
I migrated to Roger’s and have the same price as I did with Shaw 25$ per month also my wifi calling works on the Roger’s plan same as it did with Shaw ! What kind of phone do you have ?

Good Day @Millertime250!  

Welcome to the community and thanks for your contribution to this thread! We are elated to have you on board with us! 🙌 We know how important it is to ensure you stay connected at all times. That sounds like quite a deal you got there! iPhone user here! 🙋‍ Glad you're enjoying your service! 

Cheers, 

RogersJo 

Topic Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 14 in conversation