cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating from Shaw to Rogers

Ana-777
I've been around

"I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with Rogers' handling of my phone migration from Shaw. Without any consideration for my situation, Rogers disconnected my phone before I even received the SIM card. I had to wait four days to receive the card, and to my dismay, it doesn't even work

To resolve the issue, I tried seeking help through their chat support, but it has been a dreadful experience. I spent more than four hours in the chat, and not a single representative seemed capable of resolving my problem. It's unbelievable that after five days, I am still without a functioning phone.

I want to emphasize that Rogers has never been my preferred choice as a service provider, and this whole experience has only reinforced my negative opinion of them. Unfortunately, due to a merger or limited alternatives, I have no other option but to stay with them for now.

I sincerely hope that Rogers improves its customer service and takes their customers' concerns seriously in the future. This level of inconvenience and lack of support is unacceptable for any telecommunications company."

***Edited Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: migrating from Shaw to Rogers

RogersMaude

Good day @Ana-777 ,

Welcome to the Rogers community and thank you for sharing the details of your situation surrounding your migration from Shaw to Rogers.

I'm sorry to learn the transition has not been ideal so far, but we'd like the opportunity to rectify the issue, to hopefully turn your customer experience into a positive one. 

We certainly want you to get the help needed, to resolve this matter once and for all. Should you still require assistance with your device functionnality and number port in, please send a message to @CommunityHelps so we can discuss privately, gain access to your account and take a deeper look into this. 

To know more about our private messaging system, click here.

I'm confident we'll be able to address your concerns or answer any questions you may still have. Thanks!

RogersMaude

Horo
I've been here awhile

I had same experience lack of training lack of knowledge lack of caring still my problem not resolved over 4 hrs on phone today just to keep shaw phone number. Not the people's fault but corporate problem they are not ready for shaw customers. Thinking tells is looking mighty good right now

shasta59
I've been around

It is one of the worst transitions ever. I have chewed up over 2 hours, so far, trying to make this happen. Today, Oct 24, I called in again to find out which 5G card they sent (we have 3 phones) went with what phone number. Long and short I was told I do not have an account, no information comes up etc.

The person on the phone was trying very hard but was hitting a brick wall. After 27 minutes of this I asked for her to look into it, find the answers, put the process into an email and send the details to me as I was no longer spending this kind of time on the phone for what should have been an easy process.

I could tell from the tone in her words this was met with some reluctance but I then said thank you and said I will be awaiting the email later today and told her to have a nice day.

I cannot believe how hard Rogers is making this. They created this situation it should be easy. But no. I suspect the reason it is so hard to do is because they want people to cancel their shaw wireless accounts and pay Rogers more. We had Rogers before and.... enough said.

Greetings @shasta59 ,

Thanks so much for joining us in the Rogers community and for sharing your recent Shaw to Rogers migration concerns. Our goal is to try and make the transition as easy as possible. I can certainly understand your disappointment and I'm sorry things didn't go as smoothly as planned. 

Since speaking with us, have you been able to make any progress? I don't believe the agent would have had access to send you a direct email, but were they able to escalate the matter or give you a call back with a solution? If not, and your issue is still outstanding, I would really recommend reaching back out via telephone at 1-888-764-3771 and request to be transferred directly to our Dedicated Shaw Mobile Support team for additional support. If that is not doable, you may also speak to a Live Chat agent here: https://www.rogers.com/support/shaw/mobile?va=999991001017

The current hours of operation for this team are as follows:

Monday to Friday: 8am -12am EST

Weekends : 9am -12am EST

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

I can't tell you how exhausted I am complying with Rogers repeated requests to transfer my Shaw Mobile to Rogers.  I didn't ask for this nor did I want to and the process has been unbelievably time consuming (roughly 10 hours and counting), frustrating (one rep telling me one thing only to find the information was inaccurate and I had to start again) and totally uncustomer focused.    After jumping through multiple hoops,  I thought I had been successful in transferring, keeping my existing number, my rate (at least for five years) when my phone stopped working altogether.    I called for about the 10th time and was told to try using my eSim again (which I no longer had, thinking I had done what I was supposed to and recycled it) and when that failed, told I had to go to a Rogers store where I waited again only to be told that my particular phone couldn't use an eSim card (so why was I sent this in the first place) but that I could buy an actual Sim card for 11 plus dollars.   At this point, I was about to explode from frustration and what was feeling like abuse.   On top of this,  I was told that unless I set up an automatic monthly payment,  I would be charged extra which no one ever mentioned at any point prior.      It is clear that in the rush to start capitalizing of its investment, Rogers did nothing in advance to integrate its systems which created a nightmare that your poor staff are left to deal with.     And this is just for cellphones.    What horror awaits with internet, tv and landlines-- all of which I have.   

Tiger955
I plan to stick around

This has been happening since June & they (Rogers Monopoly) still haven't got it right yet!

Wait till you get your first bill, that will be a joke as well!

I suggest you delete your payment details before it is due payment to stop them from stealing from you!

I must have been lucky I only lost 8.5 hours of my life moving from Shaw.

Hope you're not paying monthly to Shaw for your phone because guess what, nothing is setup & you'll be billed the remaining amount in full from Shaw.

And yes what horror awaits with internet, tv & landlines.

Findlay
I've been here awhile
100% Agree. I have been a Shaw customer for 18 years. I have always told people how great it is. Now that Rogers has taken over it has been a disaster. 0 customer support, can’t get ahold of anyone. Never connect to agents. I’m taking my business to Telus.
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 8 in conversation