cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Fee

Smackerhead
I'm here a lot

I recently canceled my internet due to moving to an area not serviced by Rogers.
I was charged a cancellation fee.
One-time charges and credits Apr 22 - May 25 $
Cancelled: Ignite Internet 150-Unlimited 100.69
Cancelled: Advanced Wi-Fi Modem Rental 11.32
Total one-time charges and credits 112.01

Been a Rogers customer for over 30 years. This will ensure that I never go back. Unbelievable!

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cancellation Fee

RogersYasmine

Greetings @Smackerhead ,

Thanks so much for joining us in the community and posting your cancellation and billing concerns. We definitely appreciate your 30+ years of business and are very sad to see you go!

Unexpected charges are never nice. You mentioned that you had internet services with us which were recently cancelled due to you moving outside of the Rogers service area. Are you still located in Canada? Was a forwarding address provided at the time of cancellation? What date did your services get deactivated? (April 22nd?)

Once we hear back from you, we can provide additional info regarding your situation. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Smackerhead
I'm here a lot
Yes, the address is within Canada, and it was indeed mentioned during the cancellation process. However, what wasn't communicated was the possibility of cancellation fees, which was not disclosed when I initially acquired the package. Transparency would greatly improve the situation.

The service is canceled as of June 25th.

Good day @Smackerhead,

Thank you for getting back to us with regards to this situation! We certainly want to help you shed some light on this issue.

If I understand correctly, you requested the cancellation for June 25th but you've already received the invoice with an early cancellation fee for the termination of your residential services. Is that right?

If you need us to take a deeper look into this, we'll simply need to discuss privately so we can gain access to your account.

Don't hesitate to send a message to @CommunityHelps, if you require further assistance. Click here, to learn more on our private messaging system. 

Thanks!

RogersMaude

Your last email encouraged me to post online. Now you want to speak in private?

Anyway, I'm dealing with the Office of the President regarding the complaint I filed with the CCTS.

That said, feel free to contact me.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation