cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likewize stole my money

willbonness
I've been here awhile

The company Rogers is partnered with for device protection, Likewize, is a scam operation. 

I received a new phone from them in early January, and immediately returned my damaged device. A month later, I was charged $900. When I called them, I was told my device had not yet been scanned and that when it is scanned, I should received a refund. I have since called them 4 more times, and every time, I have been told that the matter is being "escalated" and that I should hear back soon. 

I should never have been charged this fee, as I returned the device immediately, within their 14 day window. And now that I have been charged, I should have immediately received a refund. I've contacted my credit card company and disputed the charge.

Rogers should be ashamed to be associated with this company. If you look at the online reviews, they are full of stories like this.

Is there anything I can do through Rogers to get my stolen money back?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Likewize stole my money

I finally got my refund after calling them weekly for 2 months. Every time I called, they said they were "escalating" the issue, then gave me some story about how their team still needed to process the returned phone.

While I'm happy to get my refund, the money never should have been taken from my credit card in the first place, and after it was, it should not have taken 2 months and countless phone calls.

This is a terrible company, and Rogers should consider partnering with someone else, or doing their own device protection.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersYasmine

Greetings @willbonness ,

Thanks for being a part of our community and for sharing the details of your current issue. Being charged for something that you've previously returned is definitely not a great experience. 😞

I understand that you've been following this up quite a bit through Likewize, but feel you aren't getting anywhere. May I ask, did you retain your receipt for the returned equipment and does the tracking show if/when the package was received by Likewize? 

We can also discuss this further with you via PM and see if there is anything we can do to help further. Feel free to PM us @CommunityHelps  to get started. You can check out our blog for additional instructions.

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

I finally got my refund after calling them weekly for 2 months. Every time I called, they said they were "escalating" the issue, then gave me some story about how their team still needed to process the returned phone.

While I'm happy to get my refund, the money never should have been taken from my credit card in the first place, and after it was, it should not have taken 2 months and countless phone calls.

This is a terrible company, and Rogers should consider partnering with someone else, or doing their own device protection.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation