cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet after switching to Ignite fibre-powered 1.5Gbps - 54h so far

DanLeitao
I've been here awhile

I have a bulk agreement with Rogers for my building, with a subscription to the 1Gbps Ignite plan. Recently, I received a notification from Rogers about an upgrade to a fibre-powered 1.5Gbps service. The notice mentioned that this was a Requires Action, and if I switched by April 15th, I would incur no installation fees. Consequently, I arranged for the upgrade on the specified date. A technician visited my apartment and installed the new equipment (removing the old one), but the internet was not working after the installation process was complete. The technician explained that there was a problem with the switch being "stuck" in Rogers' system (whatever that means), likely a provisioning error, and assured me the internet would resume within 1 to 24 hours.

When the service hadn’t resumed the following morning, I contacted Rogers' technical support. They informed me that my support ticket was still open and the cause of the disruption was unclear, leading to the issue being escalated. I asked if a technician was required to fix the issue, but they mentioned that was something they would solve remotely . After another day without internet, I called again. The representative expressed surprise at the prolonged outage (about 48h) but could not predict when the service would be restored, describing the problem as an “activation issue”. I suggested reinstalling the old equipment, which was operational, but was told that wasn’t an option. The representative promised further escalation (something supposedly already done on the previous call) and no further information.

It has now been 54 hours since the service disruption began, with no resolution or updates provided. I am disheartened by the lack of progress and clarity. I think it is an absurd that I have to try to contact Rogers in all possible ways, waste hours on the phone in the expense of my work and look for alternative solutions, for an issue that they caused for something that I did not wanted in the first place, but was required to do. If any Rogers representative is monitoring this forum, your immediate assistance would be greatly appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No internet after switching to Ignite fibre-powered 1.5Gbps - 54h so far

RogersJermaine

Hello @DanLeitao,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post! We certainly understand your frustration and do apologize for any inconvenience there has been with getting the services setup. We do hope that since you have last posted that your connection is up and running. If not please feel free to reach out to our specialty team at 1-855-759-5856. They're available from Monday to Sunday: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (ET).

Thank you,

RogersJermaine

Thank you for your reply @RogersJermaine 

My internet was back on Thursday night, about 80 hours after the equipment replacement. However, I noticed that in comparison to before, the internet is now slower. I found strange that a 1Gbps plan provides faster Wi-Fi than a 1.5Gbps Fiber, with the same amount of devices connected.
For instance, I used to test on the PlayStation and get around 150 to 300 mega with the 1Gbps plan. Now, I am getting around 30 to 50 mega, maybe 100 on a good day.

Hi @DanLeitao,

Great to hear that your service is up and running. I certainly understand how such a delay could have been frustrating. If nothing has changed inside the home except the equipment, but you are seeing a noticeable change in the speeds on wireless, can you please first try a reboot of all your devices, including the modem?

While there are many factors that can impact Wi-Fi, if the reboot does not resolve the issue, to help determine a slow speed issue, we would ask if you can test the speeds on another device as well if you can connect a device directly to the modem and test the speeds there.

Regards,

RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation