cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROGERS WILL NOT REVERSE UNAUTHORIZED ACCOUNT CHANGES, NOW I HAVE BEEN ADDED INTO A RANDOM STREAMING AND INTERNET BUNDLE

asdsdgsgfgdfgf
I've been around

Greetings everyone,

I am writing to express my outrage over multiple Rogers CS employees' actions. I am appalled by how I have been treated and the lack of action to resolve my issue. I HAVE SUBMITTED MANY complaints with no response as promised within 24 hours.

Despite repeatedly informing Rogers that I did not enroll in their Ignite bundle streaming and internet service, it was on part of an unethical representation made by a Rogers CS rep. I have been charged for it, and now my account has been cancelled including cancellation charges of over 600$+ for a 24-month term being changed and 400+ for unreturned equipment. I have been billed for leaving early cancellation on a bundle deal I never authorized. This is unacceptable. I HAD NO CONTRACT IN PLACE WHY WOULD I ENROLL MYSELF TO SAVE 5$ and pay outrageously for TV service when I had Disney, Netflix, Prime?

I have contacted Rogers multiple times to rectify the situation, within 24 hours of the email notification regarding these new account changes but nothing has been done. I have been promised that my concerns would be addressed, but no action has been taken. It has been over a month since I first reported this issue, and I have yet to receive a phone call or email regarding the matter. I was told they reversed the charges and changes however this resulted in being charged for early cancellation. I had explained many times this was a mistake on their end and I did not request a bundle deal. I asked for this reversal to take place within 24 hours and 10 calls within 30 days refund date line.

I am willing to pay my outstanding balance, but I refuse to pay for a service that I did not request or authorize, please just remove the new account changes and revert me to my old plan and I will be so happy... 

I hope that Rogers will take this matter seriously and assist me in returning the unopened streaming box and removing the unauthorized charges from my account. I have been a loyal customer of Rogers for some time, but I cannot continue to support a company that treats its customers in this manner.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

@Rogers

I don't have any words for the act and representation made by multiple Rogers CS employees. 

I received emails regarding changes made to my account, turns out this was after getting off the phone with a rep regarding cancelling my service as I could not afford it much longer. The worst is about to arrive, I called within 10 minutes of receiving these emails thinking it was a scam and there could be no way I would enroll myself into Rogers Ignite bundle streaming and internet, I reported it and was told someone would get back to me and reverse the changes.  ALSO AFTER SUBMITING A complaint OVER 3 TIMES, NO RESPONSE HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY ANY REP OR MANAGER WITHIN 24 HOURS. THIS IS SO UNFAIR.

A month has passed and now my account is cancelled and I have been billed for leaving early cancellation on a bundle deal I had no authorization in, I had asked many reps to make the changes as it never happened however not sure how incompetent the rep was he promised it would be done and at the end of the call they said they reverse the new changes and put me back on my old plan. However, it is May 6th now, changes we made on Jan 29th, 2024, after complaints and multiple calls back and forth trying to remove these new 24-month term charges... I was once again assured they would go over the recording and call me back. I have yet to receive a phone call or email. I will report this to the CRTC, this is unethical, I was so polite in terms of getting the help I needed, having to pay 500+ for early cancellation on something I did not enroll myself into, I was already month to month no contract, I only called to ask why I been being charged double but I was told my promotion was removed, however, I was given this promotion by an account manager and was promised this discount will remain for over 2-3 years and if it did ever cancel I could just call and they would add the additional discounts.

I am so sad right now, my bill is 1700+ with all the new charges they added. THEY SAID SEND IT IN WE WILL GIVE YOU A PREPAID RETURN, NO PREPAID RETURN WAS PROVIDED.

Please rogers community help, they will send my account to collections and I just want to pay what I actually owe not these cancellation fees and unreturned equipment. I never opened the streaming box they sent me. I told them this and they said you can return it via a return label which no one helped me with.

After all this does benefit rogers, they will make over 1200$ on cancellation fees and lose a valuable customer, I have a corporate account in BC with over 15+ devices for our business. I only have this account for my children going to school in London On, they did not make any changes as I only I have access to use the portal account.

Please someone help me, I want to pay my outstanding balance without the additions charged. I called within 24 hours to cancel and revert these changes. Don't they offer 30 days money back guarantee ? I did so much for rogers especially my referalls to my family. I will need them to get back to me as I have submitted complaints and no response, they only needed to review our voice call and it would give away that I did not order a streaming plan and internet.. I don't need streaming plan and save 10$ a month to lock myself in a contract for 24 months. @Rogers

1 REPLY 1

Re: ROGERS WILL NOT REVERSE UNAUTHORIZED ACCOUNT CHANGES, NOW I HAVE BEEN ADDED INTO A RANDOM STR...

RogersMaude

Good day @asdsdgsgfgdfgf,

Thank you for posting to the community. We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention.

I sincerely apologize that your recent customer experience was far from ideal and can understand the inconveniences this matter may cause.

Were you able to get your concerns addressed since you posted on Monday? If not, we can gladly take a deeper look at your account, to better understand the situation. 

Don't hesitate to send a private message to @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

To know more on how to send us a message, click here. Thanks!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation