cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers reneged on an accepted loyalty deal

bfdgfdgadf
I've been here awhile

I have been a Rogers Internet customer for 20 years.  I have a discount expiring soon and I need to get the costs of my service down.  I had an online chat with an agent who offered me a fixed price (not fixed discount) deal for 24 month.  I have the chat transcript.  I had to go out.  I chatted back with another agent  3 hours later who confirmed that the offer had been made.  I accepted the offer.  They then tried to apply the offer they had made to the account and it wouldn't do it.  A supervisor said I had not been made a currently valid offer.  I have the transcript for this too.  The difference between the offer I was made and accepted, and the offer they were actually prepared to implement was worth $240 + Tax to over the contract period.   I was offered a $10 credit!.  My understanding is that a contract comprises an offer and an acceptance, which I have and which is documented in writing in my online chats.  Rogers has reneged on an offer which I accepted. 

I've now scheduled the service for cancellation.  It is very strange business sense for Rogers to forgo 2 years revenue from a 20-year customer for the sake of $10 per month.  The company I shall probably move to was $10 a month cheaper than even the deal I was originally offered by Rogers, but I was actually prepared to stay with Rogers even though it was bit dearer.  At $20 a month dearer to stay with the Rogers at the rate they are prepared to honour now, however, its not worth staying.

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rogers reneged on an accepted loyalty deal

RogersJo

Good Day @bfdgfdgadf 😊

Thanks for your contributions to the Community. 20 years is eons and we most definitely appreciate your loyalty and tenure with us! I too can appreciate some savings and an enticing deal. I'm saddened to hear what transpired. This is most certainly not the type of experience we want you to be having. Has the issue been rectified since you last posted?

If not, we can have a gander on our end here to see what we can do. Please feel free to send us a PM and we would be more than happy to assist you. If you're not familiar with our messaging system, click here.

Regards,

RogersJo 

Re: Rogers reneged on an accepted loyalty deal

bfdgfdgadf
I've been here awhile

Thank you for your reply.  I did indeed get a call back after scheduling the cancellation of my service and was offered a new deal which I accepted.  

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation