cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SITUATION OGLITCH

Nabooski
I've been here awhile

my reference to my info.

I used to work for CSINBOUND at ROGERS, wish I could work there again but got laid off, here's the scenario from my perspective (some information is incomplete like the days, you will just use your judgement if you dont have account accesss and tell me what you would do and what i would do from my point of view.

Title: Navigating the Waves of Connectivity: My Experience with Rogers

Introduction: In the digital age, staying connected is more than a convenience—it’s a lifeline. My journey with Rogers Communications began with a simple desire to be part of the ‘Connected for Success’ program, but it unfolded into a saga that tested my patience and resolve.

The Beginning: It all started in January when I applied for internet service through Rogers’ initiative aimed at providing affordable connectivity. The process was smooth, and I was soon approved for four phone lines—a generous offer that seemed too good to be true.

The First Twist: My first phone, a Motorola 5G, was a hasty choice made in the excitement of the moment. However, my heart was set on the Samsung AZ540, a phone I believed would meet all my tech aspirations. An email notification led me to believe that my dream was within reach, but a stock error shattered that illusion.

The Foldable Future: Not one to dwell on disappointments, I pivoted to the Samsung Fold5, a marvel of modern technology that promised a glimpse into the future. February brought this foldable wonder into my hands, and for a moment, all seemed well.

The Lost Phone Dilemma: But fate had other plans. The Motorola 5G phone was lost, and despite having device protection coverage, my claim was denied when I reported it stolen. The frustration was palpable, as the safety net I thought I had was pulled away without warning.

Adding Insult to Injury: In an attempt to expand my connectivity, I added another line and chose the Flip5. Yet, the unresolved issue of the lost Motorola 5G loomed over me. An attempt to set up auto payment with an old TD card backfired due to an inactive account, leading Rogers to flag my account for fraud.

The Final Blow: By the end of March, my lines were being shut down one by one, and confusion turned to disbelief. Contracts were canceled, and I was billed for the full balance of the phones, including the one I never received. The bill, a staggering $2900 with recurring payments, became a monthly burden.

Conclusion: This experience has been a rollercoaster of highs and lows, approvals and denials, excitement and disappointment. Through it all, I’ve learned valuable lessons about the importance of clear communication and the need for a reliable support system when navigating the complexities of service providers.

my testimony based on my poor memory (on disability connected for success) 

• Connected for Success: In January, you contacted Rogers to apply for the Connected for Success internet program and were approved.
  • Phone Lines Approval: Later, you inquired about adding a phone line and were approved for 4 lines. In a rush, you chose the Motor 5G (retail price $350) without much consideration.
  • Phone Exchange Confusion: You intended to get the Samsung Z590 (or a similar model), but due to an error, it was unavailable. Consequently, you decided to return the Motor 5G and requested the Fold5 instead.
  • Lost Phone and Protection Issue: You lost the Motor 5G but had device protection coverage. Despite reporting it as stolen and lost, your claim was denied.
  • Account and Payment Complications: After adding another line and ordering a Flip5, you attempted auto payment with an old TD card, not realizing your account was inactive. This led to payment issues, and Rogers marked your account for fraud, closing your lines on March 28th and 29th.
  • Contract Cancellation and Billing: Your contracts were canceled, and you were billed for the full balance of two phones plus the unreturned phone, totaling approximately $2,900 with recurring payments of $350. You paid $75 in January and February, $225 in March, and are expected to pay $550 or the remaining balance in April.

“I was assured that my two accounts and contracts would be reinstated with a $35 talk and text only plan, without data. An open case has been escalated to the back office for resolution.”

This version is more formal and succinct, ensuring the main points are communicated effectively. If you need further assistance or have additional details to include, feel free to let me know! 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SITUATION OGLITCH

RogersMaude

Good day @Nabooski,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! We appreciate the detailed account of events.

If I understand correctly, you subscribed to our Connected for Success program for your home internet in January and then activated wireless lines, for which you had issues with the devices delivery and account setup. Is that right?

While we appreciate the extensive amount of information provided publicly, it is difficult to narrow down how we could be of assistance. Are you reaching out to us on behalf of one of your friend or family member, or this happened to you directly?

We surely want to provide you with help, if need be. To confirm, at this point, you are expecting our Back Office team to revert your price plan back to what is was originally. Correct?

Feel free to let us know how we may assist, in your own words, and we'll go from there.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: SITUATION OGLITCH

RogersMaude

Good day @Nabooski,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! We appreciate the detailed account of events.

If I understand correctly, you subscribed to our Connected for Success program for your home internet in January and then activated wireless lines, for which you had issues with the devices delivery and account setup. Is that right?

While we appreciate the extensive amount of information provided publicly, it is difficult to narrow down how we could be of assistance. Are you reaching out to us on behalf of one of your friend or family member, or this happened to you directly?

We surely want to provide you with help, if need be. To confirm, at this point, you are expecting our Back Office team to revert your price plan back to what is was originally. Correct?

Feel free to let us know how we may assist, in your own words, and we'll go from there.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation