cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is The Rogers Ambassador Team?

Nadzser
I've been here awhile

Hello Everyone,

I Received a call today from a Rogers number. I am always skeptical receiving calls from any company now, so I often don’t answer but today I did by accident and then hung up. I thought it was a scam call. When I called the number back. Voice mail said that it was the Rogers Ambassidor Team. What is the purpose of this team? I have made no changes to my account?

TIA

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is The Rogers Ambassador Team?

That is correct @-G- , the Rogers Ambassador team will typically contact a customer who has recently cancelled or requested to cancel their services, in an effort to resolve their concerns and possibly offer a more fitting price plan option to help retain their business. (I'm sorry to hear yours wasn't very enticing, that is a bit odd! 🤔)

Further to your advice, since there are so many scams out there nowadays, I would encourage customers to avoid providing any personal info over the phone. Often times, if the offer sounds too good to be true, it may not be legitimate. Ask the caller to document the offer on your account so you can call in to verify with us before accepting. Please stay safe out there, folks!!

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure.  As far as I can tell, they are basically a Rogers outbound sales team, and are likely different teams, internal and authorized agents, depending on the number that is calling you.

I got a call from the "Ambassador Team" when I ported out my Home Phone service.  It was a call from a known Rogers number, and I answered the call in case somebody at Rogers was calling to confirm whether I really wanted the port-out to complete.  It wasn't a situation that would justify a call from Retentions or Winback, but they did ask why I was cancelling the service and they also offered me a (really bad) promotion to upgrade to Total TV, to try to make me feel like a valued customer.

"Ambassador Team" is also used by some of Rogers authorized agents:

https://www.redwireless.ca/locations/rpp-office

Some, who also claim to be from the "Rogers Ambassador Team" are actually scammers, calling people to phish for personal information.

However, if it is a legitimate Rogers call, it's likely sales or retentions-related, trying to get customers to either keep or upgrade their services.

Tagging @CommunityHelps , hoping that they can elaborate further.

That is correct @-G- , the Rogers Ambassador team will typically contact a customer who has recently cancelled or requested to cancel their services, in an effort to resolve their concerns and possibly offer a more fitting price plan option to help retain their business. (I'm sorry to hear yours wasn't very enticing, that is a bit odd! 🤔)

Further to your advice, since there are so many scams out there nowadays, I would encourage customers to avoid providing any personal info over the phone. Often times, if the offer sounds too good to be true, it may not be legitimate. Ask the caller to document the offer on your account so you can call in to verify with us before accepting. Please stay safe out there, folks!!

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Nadzser
I've been here awhile
Hi there,

Thanks for answering 🥰 i actually rarely get calls from “Rogers” I never pick up. This time I did by accident and the female asked for me by name. I immediately hung up as I can’t confirm if that was really a Rogers call. I called the customer service line immediately and the female confirmed no one from Rogers called me yesterday. So it was a scam call. Anyway. Be careful everyone! Too many scam calls out there.

I also received a call from that team, but since my connection is pretty horrible, the call was disconnected.

What is the ambassadors' team phone number to call back?

Hello, @kleinermuk!

We're thrilled to have you join our Community and are grateful for your participation in this discussion. The Rogers Ambassador Team operates on an outbound-only basis and cannot receive calls. If your call was disconnected, rest assured that they will reconnect with you at a later time. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, 

RogersMoin

scotte
I plan to stick around
3 calls from 8445924255 in last 3 days. No message left and I block all calls from unknown numbers.
No spam - no scams - no telemarketing.
Thank you.

I received a call from the Rogers ambassador program with a deal to switch back. I asked for their number to call them back as I was in the middle of a business call, but when I call the phone number it seems they don’t accept incoming calls or something because they are always busy. I haven’t heard from them in about five days and I was really interested in switching back with the deal they were offering. When I call the main Rogers line they say they can’t help, that they don’t have a way to contact them and only the ambassadors can offer the deals, what do I do?.

Hello @Britty-009,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! I completely understand your desire to be put in touch with the team who originally called you regarding a potential reactivation.

Did you receive a call back from the Amabassador team since you last posted?

If you still require assistance, do you know if they quoted you an offer over the course of their original phone call or you simply asked them to call you back?

Let us know if you require further assistance!

RogersMaude

jackponte
I've been around

I've been with Rogers for several years and have tried to divorce them several times. They suck you back in and keep the toxic relationship going somehow. I've yet again reached the end of my rope and i'm trying to sever all ties to them. I have just been on a call with someone in customer service only to be put on hold after an hour and then (surprise surprise) the line gets disconnected. They for sure do this on purpose. I tried calling back and was put on hold for 30 minutes only to get super flusterd and hung up. Now I'm back at nowhere and I'm looking to anyone who can assist. This nightmare has got to end once and for all! @CommunityHelps 

jjdh-y1964
I've been around

Calls from them to my cell have been coming NON-STOP - five calls in 2 days.  Legit or not, enough is enough.  I am already a Rogers customer.  2.5 years ago I moved from Mississauga to Huntsville and unfortunately I had to give up my Rogers email and cable because it's not a provider available here in Huntsville - I wish it was.  I have told them repeatedly about this, and to remove my name/number from the list, but the calls keep coming.  I have now blocked the number because I'm so fed up.  If they want to keep some of their customers that had to give them up, they need to service Huntsville.  Right now our only options are Bell and Cogeco.  

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jjdh-y1964 wrote:

Calls from them to my cell have been coming NON-STOP - five calls in 2 days.  Legit or not, enough is enough.  I am already a Rogers customer.  2.5 years ago I moved from Mississauga to Huntsville and unfortunately I had to give up my Rogers email and cable because it's not a provider available here in Huntsville - I wish it was.  I have told them repeatedly about this, and to remove my name/number from the list, but the calls keep coming.  I have now blocked the number because I'm so fed up.  If they want to keep some of their customers that had to give them up, they need to service Huntsville.  Right now our only options are Bell and Cogeco.  

It's possible that Rogers was calling you to offer you a deal for their new 5G Home Internet service.

If this is something that you might be interested in or if you want those calls to stop, send a private message to @CommunityHelps  to see if they can assist.  Rogers will not take any action if you simply post to the Forum; you need to contact them directly.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 in conversation