cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel Watch LTE Support

winterrob
I've been around

When will Rogers support the Google Pixel Watch LTE? Google currently only lists Bell and Telus as supporting the new watch.

*** Edited Labels ***

62 REPLIES 62

Re: Google Pixel Watch LTE Support

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
Good luck with that. Chat burned me before by being incorrect. It's still not listed at all on their website.

SpaZer
I plan to stick around
I just checked with Rogers again - they STILL are NOT SUPPORTING the Google Pixel Watch LTE. So frustrating - So disappointed in Rogers. Step up Rogers!!!!

rayyesboulous
I've been here awhile

worst part is i want to switch to Bell to get support but they dont give you a plan unless you buy it from them! that sucks

entangled
I've been here awhile

Worst part is... Rogers can't even address this thread. Ever.

qwerty_15
I've been here awhile

With the launch of Pixel Watch 2, It seems it's now supported by Rogers. At least according to the support page. Still out of luck with the first Pixel Watch.

https://support.google.com/googlepixelwatch/answer/12652073?hl=en

MJCelt
I've been here awhile

Thanks for posting this @qwerty_15 it must have been updated recently as when I checked on release day the Pixel Watch 2 column hadn't been added. This is progress at least! 😁

SpaZer
I plan to stick around
Nice - thanks for sharing. So clearly Rogers support staff are NOT aware that they offer support for the Pixel Watch 2.

rayyesboulous
I've been here awhile
Also what rogers people doesnt know is that you can choose the lte option when you claim your gigt with the pre order option

I have the Pixel Watch 2 and an eSIM from Rogers; however, it still doesn't work. I can apply the eSIM to the watch; unfortunately, I have not been able to get mobile data to work. My watch only works while within Bluetooth range of the phone. 

SpaZer
I plan to stick around
Michaen416 - so just learned that Rogers will NOT support adding the Pixel Watch 2 LTE to your Rogers plan UNLESS you purchase the Pixel Phone & Watch from Rogers directly. I am beyond frustrated!

joelaw
I plan to stick around

It was advertised previously as BYOD or buy the watch from them.  They seemed to have changed their tune, wording, and cancelled any (BYOD) pixel watch 2's added, and Samsung BYOD plans.   Not sure what Rogers problem is with bringing your own device, as almost every other carrier provides the option.  Canada, US.    

entangled
I've been here awhile

Yet another let down.

Does this make sense to anyone? (from Rogers Pixel 2 page)

Get your Google Pixel Watch plan FREE for 24 months when you buy a Samsung Watch with financing and activate a Rogers Infinite Premium plan!

Lol.

SpaZer
I plan to stick around
Ha ha - yup, noticed that too. Complete typo or cut an paste from another promo. Rogers really needs to get their act together. Spoke with the 'Office of the President' (high level support) to flag that there is NO Pixel Watch 2 LTE plan, along with no awareness or support materials about the Pixel Watch 2 LTE - so staff are clueless and illequiped. Resulting is frustration for staff and customers alike.

Hey guys,

We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention @entangled

We've brought the necessary updates to the page to reflect the Pixel Watch information. 

We apologize for the typo and thank you so much for flagging! 

Hello @michaeln416

Thanks for posting about the issue you encountered setting up your new smart watch line.

If you bought it from us, meet the criteria and still experience trouble completing the activation, simply reach out to us via private message @CommunityHelps so we can review your account.

For more information on how our messaging system works, please check out this blog.

RogersMaude

entangled
I've been here awhile

I pointed out the "typo" on the page to showcase the incompetence of such a large corporation with a huge development/marketing team. 

In other news, I just got back from the Rogers store (btw, the stores are just contractors -- in case anyone didn't already know that.)

They were unable to guarantee anything. Clueless, even -- just like previous times I've wasted my time going into the store.

In order to get this LTE watch, I need to

a) pay the $15/mo (no problem, expected)

b) upgrade my plan so that my data is "shareable" (wait, what?!) -- $20/mo extra --or-- upgrade to a premium plan to waive the $15/mo for two years -- $40+/mo
c) accept that my watch is essentially a new line and will therefore have a different number, but the devices *SHOULD* communicate just fine (meaning any calls/messages to  my current number *SHOULD* also go to my phone)... Let that sink in... SHOULD

It's pretty wild that my data needs to be shareable with myself. It never ceases to amaze me just how much they want to squeeze out of us, even when we already have some of the highest rates in the modern world.

In conclusion, I don't so much care about the cost of things (I do, but that's another rant) as much as I care about the hidden/surprise charges you get after you sign on the dotted line. And in order to terminate the contract, well, you have to pay out the rest of the contract.

At the end of the day, I dont' think these companies realize just how much money they stand to lose in the long term (and I promise you will :)), just to squeeze out that little bit more before customers like myself are ready to leave -- and I am leaving, contract or not. Had a lovely conversation with a Telus rep earlier.

Good luck, everyone. 

joelaw
I plan to stick around
I can confirm the pixel watch 2 now works via Rogers.
- Plan must be BYOD Samsung 15$/m for watches purchased not via Rogers.
- A new phone # is issued to the watch.
(Activation through watch app)
- While watch is connected WiFi/Bluetooth, watch uses phones telephone #. While not on WiFi/Bluetooth, uses watches telephone #.

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
Thank you for the update. Crazy Rogers still doesn't support number sharing on BYOD when Bell, Telus and Virgin all do.

SpaZer
I plan to stick around
Good to hear. Fingers crossed.

joelaw
I plan to stick around
I am guessing that they may support it, but as the watch is pretty much a phone while be it small, enabling number sharing could be a security risk as it would permit another device to essentially use the same telephone number as your phone, which could allow for fraud, and other illegal things that can occur.

JamesBee
I plan to stick around

Not at all. Other carriers in Canada support number sharing fine. 

Reps don't even know anything about pixel watches. They literally pull up manuals on their stupid system and read off of it. A rep actually showed me the screen at the Rogers store.

Topic Stats