cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S23 Ultra, Android 13 - there is no Mobile Hotspot button !

scsmith6
I plan to stick around

For some reason, there is no Mobile Hotspot button on my Samsung S23 Ultra running Android 13 ? What a pain. Where did it go ? Now, you have to go to Settings, Connections, Mobile Hotspot and Tethering, and turn it on 😖

*** Edited Labels ***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Samsung S23 Ultra, Android 13 - there is no Mobile Hotspot button !

RogersZia

Hello @scsmith6, did you have the widget/button on the main page before the update? Haven't received any feedback pertaining to this as of yet. 

Any other S23 Ultra users in the Community? Please feel free to chime in!

RogersZia

scsmith6
I plan to stick around

Thanks for asking RogersZia. I literally brought the S23 home, turned it on, and it wanted to update, so I let it. So I have no idea whether the button existed before the update or not. I use the mobile hotspot frequently as my wife has an iPad which is WiFi only, so whenever we drive anywhere, and she wants to use it, that I need to turn on my mobile hotspot while I'm driving, so anything more than 1 or 2 easy clicks is not ideal.. 

AmzDj
I've been around
Same issue here....rubbish update

xtreme23
I've been around
got the same issue with s23 ultra. There is no mobile hotspot button

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Have you tried going to the pencil looking icon in the top left corner, picking the one row or multi-row list, and then hitting edit? There is a list of toggles you can turn on or off and move around, one of which is hotspot.

TechiMan
I've been around
I also have the same problem, anyone fix it yet?

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor

Your device.should be running Android 14. If it isn't, you should update it to the latest build, which is February 2024.Screenshot_20240224_063911_Edge.jpg

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The quick pulldown menu on the samsung may not have all the options showing, depending on the firmware / software or oneUI version.

The proper way to access the hotspot is click on the Settings App -> Connections -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering -> Mobile Hotspot - > Turn the toggle to On.   You also have the ability to give the hotspot a unique Wi-Fi network name and Wi-Fi password

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation