cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiping an Android on e-sim, best practices

roneelprasad
I'm here a lot

I have the Pixel 7 Pro on E-Sim, since the latest Android update that went out I am having some issues and want to wipe my phone and start fresh. 

How do I accomplish this with an e-sim ? I know if i wipe the phone the e-sim gets deleted. I remember when i wanted to convert from sim to e-sim, I had to go into the store to get that e-sim card. Do i need to do that before hand or can i just call in once i wipe and have them restore it  ? 

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wiping an Android on e-sim, best practices

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Wiping your device should not remove your eSIM. I have wiped my s23 Ultra twice and even after one of those was a flash to a different firmware. My eSIM remained. They should be stored on a part of the device that isn't wiped unless you specifically remove it/them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Wiping your device should not remove your eSIM. I have wiped my s23 Ultra twice and even after one of those was a flash to a different firmware. My eSIM remained. They should be stored on a part of the device that isn't wiped unless you specifically remove it/them.

Confirmed, just did my wipe today and it actually asks you if you want to delete the e-sim, and you leave the box unchecked

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation